PDA

View Full Version : Busch Parks section now added

BriMan
08-22-2009, 01:34 AM
As Orlando United continues to grow, the Staff has decided that we should make some change to the SeaWorld section of our forum. The section has now become "Busch Parks - Florida" and we have added a section to discuss Busch Gardens Tampa. Our focus is still on Orlando parks but Tampa isn't that far away to cover. :thumbs:

Chris
08-22-2009, 02:45 AM
As Orlando United continues to grow, the Staff has decided that we should make some change to the SeaWorld section of our forum. The section has now become "Busch Parks - Florida" and we have added a section to discuss Busch Gardens Tampa. Our focus is still on Orlando parks but Tampa isn't that far away to cover. :thumbs:

This is a great idea, especially with some of their marquee attractions featured in our tournament! For those of you who haven't made it out to Tampa yet - GO. Montu, Kumba and SheiKra are fantastic coasters. I'd go so far as to say Kumba actually kicks Incredible Hulk Coaster's butt all over the place!

UniversalManiac
08-22-2009, 03:57 PM
This is a great idea, especially with some of their marquee attractions featured in our tournament! For those of you who haven't made it out to Tampa yet - GO. Montu, Kumba and SheiKra are fantastic coasters. I'd go so far as to say Kumba actually kicks Incredible Hulk Coaster's butt all over the place!

Never thought i'd say it before i went to BGT. But Amen to that!

Chris
08-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Never thought i'd say it before i went to BGT. But Amen to that!

Yeah - in terms of a PARK, I'm really not a fan of BGT. BGW is WONDERFUL, but Tampa is ... yeah.. not so much. But much like some Six Flags parks, it falls into the catagory of no so great park with some REALLY GREAT coasters. It's worth the drive just for the three B&Ms. They're some of the best of their respective types.

tiredoldspook
08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Montu and Sheikra are well worth the drive. It is not bad for a 50 year old park though. Sadly the area around it is not very nice. I have enjoyed Kumba more and more the last few times I have ridden it and really enjoy Katanga (spelling may be off but great show)

It and Sea World are a great combo plus the amazing Aquitica, Though I have never been to Adventure Island.

Roll N Fear
08-23-2009, 07:12 PM
I love BGT!!! I had such an enjoyable experience the last time I was there.

BriMan
08-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I'm trying to go within the next few weeks to spend a day there. I haven't been there since I was about 5 years old.

tiredoldspook
08-23-2009, 11:46 PM
Bri you need to go on a Friday early during HOS. Tickets are like 30 bucks for florida residents and you can do the houses and ride the rides. Cheaper easy way to visit the park.

Brooklyn
08-24-2009, 03:01 PM
I spent this past weekend @ BGT, first time I had ever been. Must say, Montu completely blew me away. Sheikra was okay, but not as good as Griffon. Kumba was a pleasant surprise...I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as much as I did. Overall, I loved it all. It was a quick weekend trip (we flew down on Friday night and flew back last night) but I loved the Tampa / St. Pete area & the park. :)

tiredoldspook
08-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Tampa is a great city, I call it the last Goth strong hold. If you wonder why just go to HOS or to YBOR city