PDA

View Full Version : Adventurer's Club Leaving

Sledge
02-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Jim Hill (:-X) is reporting that the closing of the Rock n Roll Beach Club is just the beginning of closing all the clubs. I've heard this too, but he goes on to mention that even the hugely popular Adventurer's Club would close down as well and be "reborn somewhere else on property in a much grander manner". He goes on to say, "Where the Club would then serve as the gateway to a brand-new type of Disney theme park adventure?"

Pretty interesting stuff. He plans to reveal more info soon, so I'll post a follow up later on.

Anyone here a fan of the Adventurer's Club? I've been half a dozen times and think it's hilarious, but my better half hates it so I don't get to go often. :bang:

DisneyFanKevin
02-14-2008, 12:17 PM
I've never been. What's it like?

peaches magee
02-14-2008, 12:20 PM
NOOO really?

KUNGALOOSH!
I freggin love that place! I have only been twice, but always good times to be had there. Hope this isn't true. I don't read Jim Hill, because everyone always calls him rubbish, sooo... :shrug:

Sledge
02-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I've never been. What's it like?
It's hard to describe. People either love it or hate it (or just think its ok? :lol:). There isn't usually a line to get in and it's basically like wandering into a party. There is a lot of improv and when you walk in you may be greeted by the Butler or a slew of other outrageous characters. You can wander around and make your way down to the main salon where the characters will interact with each other and the guests. In the salon they have small little skits where everyone learns the Adventurer's Club song and salute. One time I was also chosen as a body guard and had to do a bunch of embarrassing stuff.

There is a Mask Room and Treasure Room which are like two small wings off the salon that you can wander into randomly. Every so often they will have a show and invite you into one of the rooms. For the larger shows they are performed in the Library and all the cast is involved. Some of the shows are the Balderdash Competition, the RadioThon (my favorite), and The Hooplah (Hooplah!). It's a lot of improv which turns out to be hilarious. There is also a ton of guest interaction.

The good news when it "leaves" it's just moving somewhere else on property. It's all speculation as to where though. This is the first I've heard about this too so I don't know how credible it is since it's coming out of no where.

Maybe if there is enough interest we can go to the Adventurer's Club as part of one of the future Orlando United Field Trips. :)

Beachgurl
02-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I just don't get it. I think the jokes are sooooo corny. I've never had a good time there. Its weird to me.

Sledge
02-14-2008, 12:58 PM
I just don't get it. I think the jokes are sooooo corny. I've never had a good time there. Its weird to me.
It's supposed to be. It's definitely not you're sense of humor though. Your's is way too dry and dry only to really appreciate the Adventurer's Club comedy. You also have to be comfortable with being picked on in front of a group too.

For anyone not comfortable with being singled out in front of an entire room, I'd be very, very careful. Blend in and hanging towards the back would probably only make you a bigger target. :lol:

Beachgurl
02-14-2008, 01:41 PM
It's supposed to be. It's definitely not you're sense of humor though. Your's is way too dry and dry only to really appreciate the Adventurer's Club comedy. You also have to be comfortable with being picked on in front of a group too.

For anyone not comfortable with being singled out in front of an entire room, I'd be very, very careful. Blend in and hanging towards the back would probably only make you a bigger target. :lol:

I wouldn't care about being singled out if it was something I had fun with and enjoyed. But AC just isn't enjoyable at all for me.

DisneyFanKevin
02-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Hmm, sounds fun. I may have to go sometime.

BigAl_PT
03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
I've been twice and I really enjoy it. The events that take place in the library are definitely the best.

"Marching along, we're Adventurers..." :drink:

kirby_is_kyaan
03-21-2008, 05:05 PM

I guess I won't be going then.... *goes into back corner of forum*

I've heard nothing but good things about this place, but now I'm not so sure.

JEANYLASER
03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
No way! I love the Adventure's Club Me and My Friends went there last year! And they love it they don't want to see that Adventure's Club gone way!

DisneyFanKevin
03-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Adventurer's Club will not be leaving PI anytime soon.

The Patchman
03-23-2008, 11:09 PM
I have heard this place is great! Too bad I am too young to get in....:confused:

d a n n y
03-23-2008, 11:26 PM
How old do you have to be?

snoman
03-24-2008, 12:40 AM
I really need to go here again. We walked in, sat down for a few minutes, it was eerily quiet and boring, so we got up and walked out. We had no idea what the club is or what happens so we just didn't get it at all. Stupid tourists! :bonk: