View Full Version : Disney Bus Involved in Fatal Accident

DisneyFanKevin
04-06-2009, 02:43 AM
Source: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19100970/detail.html#-

Disney Tour Bus Involved In Fatal Accident
World Drive Shut Down After Car Accident

POSTED: Sunday, April 5, 2009
UPDATED: 7:43 pm EDT April 5, 2009
World Drive was shut down Sunday afternoon after a fatal car accident involving a tour bus on Disney property.

According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of a Hyundai swerved off the road and then drove into the path of a tour bus and clipped the front of the bus. The driver of the Hyundai was killed in the accident.

The accident happened between the Wilderness Lodge and the Contemporary Resort near the monorail overpass, FHP said.

The name of the victim has not been released.

Nine people were on the bus; three were treated for minor injuries, FHP said.

World Drive was closed until 6 p.m.

Copyright 2009 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Beachgurl
04-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Wow that's awful. I'm trying to think of exactly where this happened, but World Dr between WL and the Contemp.? Isn't that just a two lane rode?

DisneyFanKevin
04-06-2009, 09:54 AM
I think so. But, I also think it could've happened on the road that takes you past the MK.

Beachgurl
04-06-2009, 10:07 AM
What in the world was the driver of the Hyundai doing? I'm almost positive that road has a pretty low speed limit and its not like there are all kinds of crazy turns and loops. Something sounds fishy.

peaches magee
04-06-2009, 12:19 PM
More news today and release of name...

LAKE BUENA VISTA -- A Clermont woman is dead after she crashed into a bus on Walt Disney World property Sunday.

Troopers said Teresa Scarborough, 47, was heading north on World Drive, when she lost control of her car, went into the southbound lane and collided with the bus.

The crash happened near the Wilderness Lodge, and south of the Magic Kingdom.

Two of the nine people aboard the bus were taken to a nearby hospital with minor injuries, according to the Florida Highway

cfnews13.com

Beachgurl
04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
Maybe something happened with her brakes or her steering or something.