PDA

View Full Version : First Trip/How Many

Sledge
02-13-2008, 12:51 PM
When was your first trip and how many times have you been?

My first trip was when I was too young to even walk. I lived here for six years when I was young and went to Disney weekly which is what started the obsession. I moved to Atlanta and then Dallas and visited Disney every other year and stayed on property. Now I'm back in Orlando and go more than I could ever count. :happy:

Roll N Fear
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
My parents started taking me when I was 6 months old and I began going every other month becuase we still lived a good 3 hours aways. This went on up until about high school when IOA opened. I pretty much abandoned Disney for a couple of years and then once I realized IOA was making no changes to intice people to continuously go back by not adding any major rides, I quickly jumped back to Disney.

I would love to live in Orlando as I would spend every free second I had at the parks but I'm getting paid to god right now to read discussion boards, that I dont want to risk not being able to make it work out up there. :lol:

BriMan
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
My actual first trip to was to Disneyland, but I was like a year old so I don't remember a damn thing. The first trip to Disney World was when I was about 5 years old and Universal when I was 9. Its been a bi-yearly thing every since.

Beachgurl
02-13-2008, 01:38 PM
I have no idea when my first trip was...

In the womb?

I've been going since birth. At least 3 or 4 times a year since birth being that I lived in West Palm Beach.

Now that I live here I'm there weekly. So I really couldn't tell ya how many times I've been.

FGCUSabre
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
i remember going once when i was like 10. then i went with scouts when i was 18. i think i might have gone one or two other times - i didnt go back till about 2 years ago and have been a passholder since then!

Tenny317
02-16-2008, 08:22 PM
I have been going since I was about a little over a year ad I'm now almost 23. I actually had my first steps there haha....I live in NY and I try to go as much as I can I've been about 27 times since I was over a year ha...I'm in love with Disney World and wish I could be there all the time!

RocknGuitar
02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
I first went when I was about 3-5. But it doesn't really count because I don't remember a second of it except sitting on a burning hot trash can in front of Haunted Mansion for a picture. But I just went again last summer with my family for a week and a half. I don't know when I'm going back, though.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I can't remember my first time, but in my early years, my parents took me a lot. When my dad reserved for my last trip, he was told "Congratulations-this will be your twentieth stay with us!" :yikes:

ralphoutloud
02-17-2008, 04:19 PM
First went when I was 2, gone every year since, started going to Universal when I was 7, went to Universal/Disney every year till '03. Now it's been all Universal with a little Shamu thrown in the mix. I'll be back at Disney this holiday season though. =)

snoman
02-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Judging from family photos I'd say I've been going since I was about 2 maybe. Now that I live here we go so often, a total count I have no clue. A whole lot! I am proud to say I have been to Gatorland 13 times, call me strange but damn, I love that place.

tiredoldspook
02-22-2008, 07:57 PM
We need a gatorland thread.
I went to Disney oh, 1975 maybe. Space Mountain was not even finished. I was 11-12. There was no Disney when I was most of you people who went as small toddlers. I remember watching the Disney show and they did updates and it was amazing.

I have been at least 10-12 times since.
I have a picture in 1989 in front of the Grand Opening sign for MGM Studious and I went the the first week Animal Kingdom was Open.
Wow I really feel old.

FGCUSabre
02-22-2008, 08:00 PM
We need a gatorland thread.

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356&highlight=gatorland There is!

d a n n y
02-22-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I went when I was two or three,then Universal 3 or 4, I've went to both every year since, except 04 and 06, (06 I went to Bge though :happy:).

disneybaby
02-24-2008, 10:23 AM
My first trip to disney was in 1984.... I was a tiny little egg in my moms belly...lol... and i was "made" in May of 1984 IN Disney World. Ok OK, maybe that was too much information, but it explains my obsession with WDW.

After that, my first real visit outside my mother, was....not until 1988! I guess my mom thought I wouldn't ENJOY it as a baby, but apparently she didn't realize that I was bumpin a long to the music as a little worm in her belly, ok I know i didn't have a developed brain then... but I still "felt the magic".

Jakemeister
02-24-2008, 11:21 AM
My 1st trip I was 6 months old. Apparently my grandparents had a timeshare and let my parental unit use it. This was probably in December of '91 or November. Apparently we went to Universal and Disney.

My 2nd trip the one I have vague memories of was in 94 this time my sister was 6 months old. We went to Universal, Sea World,EPCOT,MK and MGM. We have pictures in a photo album when I stumble across that stuff I will show you guys.