PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Update - 2/25/2009

BriMan
02-26-2009, 02:43 AM
I took a quick trip to the Downtown Disney Marketplace and was able to grab a small update of some happenings that are taking place around the area, including a new store.

http://orlandounited.com/news/dtd225.html

YETI PINTRADER
02-26-2009, 08:48 AM
Great pictures Brian! I do beleive that the guest relations has been there for a while though.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Nice update.... the bath bombs pic actually came out really, really well. :thumbs:

And hopefully it's just some maintenance to the LEGO family. I saw them two weeks ago, and they seemed fine to me.

Beachgurl
02-26-2009, 10:05 AM
I'm sad the Summer Sands store is closed :( They had some cute beach clothes in there.

I'm looking forward to Trend-D though and I'm really hoping that its a lot like Vault 28 over at Disneyland's DTD.

BriMan
02-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Great pictures Brian! I do beleive that the guest relations has been there for a while though.

I guess I should have worded it differently. That hallway has been blocked off for a while and it just recently was opened back up.

Glad you enjoyed the pics though.

Disneyhead
02-26-2009, 11:17 AM
From what Kevin Yee said, they redid the Guest Relations area in a Art & Crafts (Mission) style with dark woods and what not.

Great Update. I have also heard that Staribilias will be closing in July. The sister store in DLR has already closed.

SpyderDan
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I really would not be sad to see the Lego family go. Or they could at least move them somewhere else. They create way too much of a crowd in a major walkway.

Beachgurl
02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I really would not be sad to see the Lego family go. Or they could at least move them somewhere else. They create way too much of a crowd in a major walkway.

Amen to that. I hate walking through there. It annoys me when someone wants to take a picture of their friends/family in front of the dragon or something on that side and they take up the enter walkway to do so. Talk about being inconsiderate of the hordes of people trying to get by.

SpyderDan
02-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Amen to that. I hate walking through there. It annoys me when someone wants to take a picture of their friends/family in front of the dragon or something on that side and they take up the enter walkway to do so. Talk about being inconsiderate of the hordes of people trying to get by.

Yeah, there's always a ton of people just jumbled together. Of all of Downtown Disney, that's my least favorite spot.

BigAl_PT
02-26-2009, 05:11 PM
I'm curious about the Tren-D store as well. If I had to guess, it will probably have some of those shirts you're seeing more of with the "urban" mickey drawings on them. They kind of look like graffitti.

YETI PINTRADER
02-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Bring back the sleeping lego man!