PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space, Vomit bags

UniversalUK
02-12-2008, 07:29 PM
Have you ever needed or know some one who has needed the sick bags that are avalible on Mission Space.

Ive never needed one, but my mum takes one on every time she rides now after fealing so sick one time - but genraly shes ok :yikes:

d a n n y
02-12-2008, 07:45 PM
My dad used his, and mine, when there was only the intense version, lol

UniversalUK
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
My dad used his, and mine, when there was only the intense version, lol

why is it i know you had a huge smile on your face as you were writing that?!? lol

d a n n y
02-12-2008, 08:07 PM
It was hysterical for me, just not my dad lol

peaches magee
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I *still* have yet to go on this ride...
I just don't ever feel like finding out I have an unknown heart condition...
and die.

But that's just me. http://i30.tinypic.com/zoje9v.gif

Jakemeister
02-12-2008, 08:31 PM
I *still* have yet to go on this ride...
I just don't ever feel like finding out I have an unknown heart condition...
and die.

But that's just me. http://i30.tinypic.com/zoje9v.gif

I have a heart condition and I'm a full time rider. I ride everything that catches my eye. The only time I have ever felt short of breath or anything like that was at horror nights when I went through The Thing 6 times in a row and that was because of adrenaline.

peaches magee
02-12-2008, 08:32 PM
I have a heart condition and I'm a full time rider. I ride everything that catches my eye. The only time I have ever felt short of breath or anything like that was at horror nights when I went through The Thing 6 times in a row and that was because of adrenaline.

I am usually good with riding everything... just all the instances on that, kinds freaked me. But I heard the less intense one is crap.. so...

Beachgurl
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
I won't ride the intense version for the simple fact that I know I would need to use a vomit bag. :lol:

kristilovesdw
02-12-2008, 09:11 PM
I ride the less intense version, I'm sure I'm missing out but I'm just not brave enough to try the intense one.

FGCUSabre
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
as a kid i used to love the UFO at carnivals and fairs. i could ride that upside down even. i dont know what happened.

mission space makes me sick. i just get so dizzy and it ruins my entire day cause i have a headache all day.

i hope that doesnt happen with to many rides.

Sledge
02-13-2008, 04:30 AM
I blew air into the space sickness bag and after the ride stumbled out and tried to hand off the bag to one of the CMs. She didn't laugh, smile, anything, just blankly pointed to the trash can. Her reaction was hilarious. :lol:

UniversalUK
02-13-2008, 04:59 AM
as a kid i used to love the UFO at carnivals and fairs. i could ride that upside down even. i dont know what happened.

mission space makes me sick. i just get so dizzy and it ruins my entire day cause i have a headache all day.

Its proberbly because on the UFO's its open and you can see were your going, on mission space you cant tell your even going round in circles - well i cant anyhoo.

d a n n y
02-13-2008, 08:39 AM

Those types are the only one's that I EVER vomited afterward, it was the Six Flags one where the walls were I think metal, never doing that again.

RocknGuitar
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I blew air into the space sickness bag and after the ride stumbled out and tried to hand off the bag to one of the CMs. She didn't laugh, smile, anything, just blankly pointed to the trash can. Her reaction was hilarious. :lol:

:lol: I would love to work on M:S just to see the guest reactions.

Roll N Fear
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I've never been on the tamer version of MS. I never felt the need to. Not once have I ever had a problem or felt uncomfortable while on the intense version and mind you I did it after 2 drinks at AK earlier that day and 10 drinks at EPCOT after that. The one thing I learned though is that "THOSE BUTTONS DON'T DO A GOD DAMN THING!!!!!".

BriMan
02-13-2008, 01:02 PM
They dont? I really thought I was piloting a ship too.:bonk: :lol:

UniversalUK
02-13-2008, 01:31 PM
"THOSE BUTTONS DON'T DO A GOD DAMN THING!!!!!".

I get angry at my friends and family if they dont press them when they light up! LOL :look::lol:

Roll N Fear
02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
They dont? I really thought I was piloting a ship too.:bonk: :lol:

For the first couple times I was like we are all doing our required tasks and we keep ending up with the same ending. Whats up with that? I thought that there were alternate endings but then that day one of my friends was wrecked and just started going crazy and pressing every button in the control booth screaming that they don't do a damn thing.

snoman
02-15-2008, 11:41 AM
I usually get motion sickness, especially the older I get, but I kept my eyes on the screen like someone told me to do, and I honestly felt fine. I have not been on the ride since then cuz I'm not taking any chances...haven't tried the less intense version.

FGCUSabre
02-15-2008, 01:08 PM
why is it i get that weird feeling when looking at the glass...its like when i go into space moutain. that glass makes me feel like im wearing glasses! its just dizzying.

Sledge
02-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Try turning your head to the side and see how great you feel. :doh: You can really tell you're spinning that way and it'll make you so sick. Look forward, breathe deeply and slowly, and keep movement to a minimum is probably the best advice I could give to someone that gets a little nauseous. That's what I do when I ride and it's cake.

Beachgurl
02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Why would you even want to go on something that you know you're going to get sick on? :confused: :lol:

RocknGuitar
02-15-2008, 11:48 PM
^Exactly, that's why I rode the less intense version. That's the side for smart people. :lol:

Sledge
02-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Why would you even want to go on something that you know you're going to get sick on? :confused: :lol:
Why eat a Double Quarter Pounder, Supersize fry, and large Coke? Sure we'll get sick, but it's sooo worth it sometimes.

:P

kirby_is_kyaan
02-16-2008, 01:41 PM
:confused:

THAT was Mission Space?! I rode it yesterday (I'm still looking for where to post my surprise trip report) and am wondering how it's supposed to be so bad that you would vomit. It was fun, but I've been on roller coasters way worse than that. Though I agree, the buttons don't do anything. We had no engineer/navigator (I can't remember which), and we still didn't die or anything. The only bad thing that came out of it was that I forgot my sweatshirt and had to wait five minutes to get it back.

FGCUSabre
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM
well the whole idea is with the buttons - is that you control the mission. if you do not push the button in the set time...it will say auto pilot - engaged - or it will say computer overide - engaged...or something to that affect. so the computer can do it all by itselt...but still likes your touch.

as with throwing up...i have never gotten nausea...but i certainly get a headache and light headed. different G force and spins affect people differently. Look at how many people have died on that ride. They were heart defects and such. Most people never get those test unless there is a need. I rode MS many times and never hard a heart test.

(Well over the past few months I did - but it was because of something else and it was fine anyways. But even so...I still am not gonna ride it. My point was MOST people dont get heart test until theres some need. heh)

Beachgurl
02-17-2008, 10:38 AM
Why eat a Double Quarter Pounder, Supersize fry, and large Coke? Sure we'll get sick, but it's sooo worth it sometimes.

:P

I don't know about you, but nothings worth throwing up for me.

The Patchman
02-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I have never used a vomit bag on that ride. My friends I just put them on our heads or made hand puppets out of them. :thumbs: