PDA

View Full Version : Cirque du Soleil

RocknGuitar
02-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I have seen it once, and its a great show. Its amazing what they do. What do you guys think?

Beachgurl
02-12-2008, 10:38 AM
I haven't actually seen La Nouba, but I saw a different Cirque show a few years back and I thought it was amazing. Eventually I would like to see the show at DTD.

peaches magee
02-12-2008, 10:54 AM
LOVED La Nouba! Saw it many years back, would love to go again.
I also saw a traveling one, Quidam in Miami. Was very cool, different because it was in a smaller more intimate setting under a tent, but was still amazing what was done. Such talent! Always entertaining.

DisneyFanKevin
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM
I haven't seen La Nouba yet. How much is it??

Beachgurl
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I haven't seen La Nouba yet. How much is it??

I bought my parents tickets a couple years ago and they were a little over $80 a piece. I think there are different levels of pricing though.

RocknGuitar
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
yeah, I have seen a traveling cirque du soleil and La Nouba. They are awesome!

UniversalUK
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
not seen it my self but my uncle see cirque du soleil twice not La Nouba but he loved it and always talks about it.

d a n n y
02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
I don't know why but this show always seemed a little "gay" to me, despite all the good reviews I still will not see it. My friend invited me to Wintuk in Manhattan, I refused, it has no interest at all to me.

FGCUSabre
02-12-2008, 08:48 PM
i really want to see it. right now im in a blue man phase

maybe next year i can talk alex into trying this! or is someone has an extra ticket...let me know!!! ;-)

kirby_is_kyaan
02-12-2008, 09:04 PM
I bought my parents tickets a couple years ago and they were a little over $80 a piece. I think there are different levels of pricing though.

You're right; they're around $90 now (I think).... DON'T GET WEAKER DOLLAR!! I want to check this out, I've heard nothing but positive reviews.

RocknGuitar
02-12-2008, 10:31 PM
i really want to see it. right now im in a blue man phase

maybe next year i can talk alex into trying this! or is someone has an extra ticket...let me know!!! ;-)

your not a blue man fan anymore, it looks like you're figment! :lol:

FGCUSabre
04-21-2008, 01:54 PM
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Florida residents can live it up Cirque-style this summer with 20 percent savings on select La Nouba tickets at Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort.

An original production of Cirque du Soleil, La Nouba features an extraordinary cast of more than 70 international performers. The spellbinding performance is staged in a 1,671-seat state-of-the-art theater with dramatic lighting, contemporary costumes and captivating music.

The Florida Resident deal offers a savings up to $17 per ticket. The offer is valid from May 1 to June 28 on Category 2 Seats. Ticket must be purchased in advance by calling 407/WDW-SEAT. Proof of Florida Residency is required.

kirby_is_kyaan
06-27-2009, 12:04 AM
Okay, I'll admit that I posted this somewhere else :look: first, but there's no harm in posting it here as well.

I warn you: there WILL be some spoilers, but not of EVERYTHING in the show, mainly the beginning.

The theater itself is like your average nice theater, except that it was custom-made for the show. Trust me, there's more than one occasion where you'll see exactly HOW it takes advantage of this fact. The show begins a bit subtly, with a sort of pre-show, if you will. There were two clowns carrying some colorful blocks in a large space between aisles. Some not-so-great slapstick comedy occured, with the two clowns getting frustrated at each other (in the show I mean, not in real life). The younger kids (and there were quite a few) laught, but I inwardly groaned, though obviously I wasn't going anywhere. Then, the lights darkened and the real show began. An interesting parade of characters that would each make constant appearances in the rest of the show (the bird-person in all the ads, for instance) all walked across the theater in the same aisle the two clowns were in minutes ago, being lead by a trumpet-playing, mask-wearking person who looked as if he should have been in Venice. The first (real) act of the show began with the turning down of the lights. Things started quietly enough, but then BAM! you have at least twenty people on the stage, all doing their own thing. This initial blast of dancing, sound, light, and smoke effects, with two people being held in wheels (I don't know how else to describe it) rolling through it all and some clown riding a TINY bicycle, all while several people were performing their own contortions, movements, and posture changes. It was all too much sensory overload, somewhat like a bad progressive rock epic, and I just found myself jumping from scene to scene, trying unsuccessfuly to take it all in. But then a scene that reminds me of Jules Verne's visions of space travel (without explicitly doing anything) began, and once that first 'act' had ended, I got used to the way the show worked and was able to take it all in and (most importantly) enjoy it. The acts are an eclectic mix that included a balancing act of sorts, flight via curtains, and several young girls with Chinese yo-yo things (for lack of a better term-I don't know the actual name for it). The music that played was just as eclectic-the trumpet player had led a dark and sweeping opening song, then almost the entire show had an opera singer singing nonlyrics while a violin, accordion, drumset, and electric guitar would each combine in a mishmash that worked very well (for the record, I bought the CD with the show's music on it once it was over). And those clowns from the beginning? They actually serve a purpose in nicely smoothing out the flow of the show. One last little thing to mention: there was some audience interatction, but not nearly as much as in Blue Man Group, where the show is a smaller, more intimate affair as opposed to the large, extravagant spectacle (hey, it's still technically a circus) shown here. Is it worth seeing, even with the expensive tickets? Yes. Should you see it multiple times? Maybe... as I said before, the show has LOTS that I may have easily missed in the background, and I found the show to be excellent, but I would be just fine without seeing it again.

Chris
06-27-2009, 01:40 AM
Is it worth seeing, even with the expensive tickets? Yes. Should you see it multiple times? Maybe... as I said before, the show has LOTS that I may have easily missed in the background, and I found the show to be excellent, but I would be just fine without seeing it again.

As amazing as La Nouba is, and I really enjoy it a lot (I've seen it eight or so times I believe) it's actually one of the worst Cirque Shows.

Now, slow down there scrappy don't get all bent out of shape - there's no such thing as a *bad* Cirque Show. Even the worst is still great, and La Nouba isn't even what I'd call my least favorite.

It's really, really good. It's absolutely worth the cost of admission if you are in the area. But honestly, as good as La Nouba is, it can't even begin to hold a candle to "O" at Bellagio in Las Vegas. That's the one show that I would in all honesty describe as a life changing experience. Beyond words. Pure perfection.

Serious though, La Nouba is fantastic.

ralphoutloud
07-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Some ticket news from the Orlando Sentinel...

7/25/09
ORLANDO -Cirque du Soleil will be offering a Florida resident discount for performances to "La Nouba" at Walt Disney World's Downtown Disney. For each "Category 2" ticket sold, Floridians can buy another one for $25. (Category 2 seats normally sell for $83).

The deal runs for performances from August 18 through October 3. (Note: there are no performances September 20-28). Cirque will start selling under this plan on August 4.

Some additional particulars:

+ Tickets must be purchased in pairs for the same performance.

+ Proof of Florida residency required.

+ Not valid for previously purchased tickets, gift certificates or other discounts.

+ Performances are 6 p.m. and 9 p.m., Tuesdays through Saturdays.

+ Tickets are available at the La Nouba box office or by calling 407-939-7328.