PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do for the 40th?

DisneyFanKevin
01-21-2009, 12:07 PM
If Disney put you in charge of planning the 40th Anniversary Celebration for WDW, what all would you do?

If I was in charge of the 40th Anniversary, this is what I would do:

Marketing Campaign
I would launch a campaign called "40 Years of Pixie Dust" that would include another Free Day on Your Birthday, bigger discounts on tickets for FL residents, and more. I'll go into more specifics later.

Ticket Pricing
For the 40th, I would want to get more people in the park by lowering the ticket prices to at least $45.00. Floridians would receive a 50% discount, only paying $22.50.

New/Refurbished Attractions
For the Magic Kingdom, here is a list of what I would do by land.

Tomorrowland

Move Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor to DHS and bring back Timekeeper. This time, with seats.
CLOSE Stitch's Great Escape and replace it with a revamped Mission to Mars.
Give the Carousel of Progress its long overdue refurbishment, completely changing the scenes up and fixing audio, lighting, etc.
Space Mountain would receive yet another refurbishment, this time to add more effects than what may be added during the refurb this year.

Mickey's Toontown Fair

Bring back Mickey's Starland with a completely different show.

Fantasyland

Give the land it's needed refurbishment, painting the facades again and what not.
Demolishing Pooh's Playful Spot and building a new Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
I would find more room to put in an attraction based on Pinocchio somewhere.
Build the Little Mermaid ride.
Give Peter Pan a much deserved refurbishment, fixing the scenes up for enhancements.

Liberty Square

Have a separate event for the Haunted Mansion's anniversary.

Frontierland

Enhance Tom Sawyer's Island, including possibly adding lights on the ground and in the trees to allow nighttime excursions to the island.
Adding an on-ride photo to Big Thunder Mountain.
Bring back the Summer and Christmas shows for the Country Bear Jamboree.

Adventureland

Bring back the original Tropical Serenade and remove Iago and Zazu.
Enhance Pirates of the Caribbean with some new technological effects.
At the Jungle Cruise, add those barracudas that are seen on Disneyland's attraction.

Parades/Fireworks

Keep Wishes the same as is.
Replace SpectroMagic with Main Street Electrical Parade once again for a limited time. Or have both run at different times.

For Epcot:

Future World
- Bring back the original Imagination.
- Reopen the Wonders of Life pavilion.

World Showcase
- Somehow add the Matterhorn in Japan.

DHS:

- Star Tours 2.0
- Tower of Terror 5
- An updated MuppetVision 3D

DAK:
New Attractions
Australia land.

peaches magee
01-21-2009, 12:23 PM
This would have been great for an article, Kevin :)
Good ideas, I agree with pretty much all of them.
I just wish another country/countries could be added to World Showcase.

tiredoldspook
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I would bring back the old style tickets. Something a lot of you more then likely don't remember. So a single admission price and then by a book and actually ride with an E ticket.

ralphoutloud
01-21-2009, 06:08 PM
I'd rather have Beastly Kingdom than Austrailia, and if you were to close Stitch, I'd rather have Alien Encounter back =]

Otherwise, great ideas, and I agree you should've made this an article.

Sledge
01-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Ticket Pricing
For the 40th, I would want to get more people in the park by lowering the ticket prices to at least $45.00. Floridians would receive a 50% discount, only paying $22.50.
Yikes. Glad you don't run Disney. The types of crowd that would start showing up would be terrible. I don't mind the current price. $22.50 is even cheaper than Six Flags.

And why would Matterhorn go in Japan? :lol: Mt. Fuji on the other hand. *cough* :look::-X

DisneyFanKevin
01-21-2009, 11:14 PM
Yikes. Glad you don't run Disney. The types of crowd that would start showing up would be terrible. I don't mind the current price. $22.50 is even cheaper than Six Flags.

And why would Matterhorn go in Japan? :lol: Mt. Fuji on the other hand. *cough* :look::-X

LOL Mt. Fuji, Matterhorn, kinda the same thing. :P Maybe I'll compile this someday and send it off to Disney.

tiredoldspook
01-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Complain to Disney...Then there we be the mouse police out to get you.....

peaches magee
01-22-2009, 03:35 PM

Yeah they would NEVER do that! The crowds would be insane! Not worth even trying to go to fight all that IMO.

tiredoldspook
01-22-2009, 03:44 PM
$22.50 all the people from Alachua, Deltona, Palatka, Waldo would be there. Kevin would die looking at all the Mullets.

Homer J Simpson
01-24-2009, 10:01 PM

I do think that World Showcase does deserve some kind of big attraction. Not the Matterhorn though.

ralphoutloud
01-25-2009, 01:42 AM
Just a little tidbit of information.....

Why would the Matterhorn be added in Japan, if the mountain the ride is based on, is from Switzerland?

BriMan
01-25-2009, 01:53 AM
At the Jungle Cruise, add those barracudas that are seen on Disneyland's attraction.

Piranhas. They come from the Amazon. :thumbs:

peaches magee
01-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Piranhas. They come from the Amazon. :thumbs:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zf0os6.jpg

annabannaboo
01-25-2009, 03:03 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zf0os6.jpg

I'm glad someone picked up on it. :lol:

peaches magee
01-25-2009, 03:33 PM
I'm glad someone picked up on it. :lol:

:lol: Not much gets by me. hehe

Jakemeister
01-25-2009, 05:58 PM
I was planning on saying "Okay Darla" this morning but didn't.

jtsalien
07-13-2011, 08:25 PM
So after searching the forums a bit, I figured this was the best place to post some of the cool 40th merchandise I picked up on my last trip. It's not as much as I would have wanted, but some of the items are very neat.

Here's a special pair of Mickey ears:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0283.jpg
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0284.jpg

A ticket book notepad:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0281.jpg
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0282.jpg

A T-shirt, it also comes with a red collar:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0285.jpg

My favorite, a Magic Kingdom postcard featuring attractions and images from the park:
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff447/jtstitt92/DSCN0280.jpg

Jubilation Lee
07-13-2011, 08:37 PM
^ Nice! It's good to see WDW celebrating in some fashion, although I wonder what drove them to do it? (As they didn't celebrate their 30th)

It's interesting to think about...

jtsalien
07-13-2011, 08:39 PM
^ Nice! It's good to see WDW celebrating in some fashion, although I wonder what drove them to do it? (As they didn't celebrate their 30th)

It's interesting to think about...

Disney is more conscious of there fan base and their willingness to spend money on special merchandise :lol:

tiredoldspook
07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
I would like to get the Ticket Book thing, May have to go to Downtown Disney when I head that was in Sept.

Disneyhead
07-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I am really wondering what they have planned for the year long birthday Sale-abration.

hairyleo
07-14-2011, 12:44 AM
I have the ticket book pins. I thought they were neat because you don't really see classic merch. My mom thought they were the coolest thing ever. She wanted them more than I did! Then she forgot it was my idea to get them, wrapped them up, and gave them to me as a graduation present :lol:

Octobers Fade
07-14-2011, 03:12 PM
I am really wondering what they have planned for the year long birthday Sale-abration.

Says it all right there.