PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mexico Attraction/Gran Fiesta Tour

ChiefBrody
12-03-2008, 08:04 AM
I know it happened a while back, but has anyone been on the new version of El Rio Del Tiempo or whatever it was called? :lol: I liked going on that ride, because the inside of Mexico was always so cool and refreshing from the heat. But apparenltly, it has now been refurbished and re-themed as "Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b9/Granfiesta.png

d a n n y
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I have. Walk-on. I actually really enjoyed it. It uses those video screens, but I liked it a lot.

snoman
12-03-2008, 11:13 AM
I've been on it and it is a little better but I'd still skip it anyday.

Beachgurl
12-03-2008, 11:34 AM
I didn't really like the whole Three Caballeros makeover. I liked the cheesy 80s feel it had with all the old footage that used to be on the video screens. :shrug:

DisneyFanKevin
12-03-2008, 01:12 PM
I like the Gran Fiesta Tour primarily for Donald. I could care less about the other 2 birds. :D

BriMan
12-03-2008, 01:14 PM
I didn't really like the whole Three Caballeros makeover. I liked the cheesy 80s feel it had with all the old footage that used to be on the video screens. :shrug:

As did I. I always loved the Mexican vendors towards the end of the ride trying to sell you maracas, sombreros, and such.

I like the Gran Fiesta Tour primarily for Donald. I could care less about the other 2 birds. :D

Don't talk crap about Panchito and Jose Carioca.

peaches magee
12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
I miss the annoying song at the end that gets stuck in your head all... day... long.

Ah, just thinking about it does that too apparently... great.

LA....lalalalalala....lalalalalala...lalalala LA LA LA LA LA! (Rinse and repeat)

Sledge
12-03-2008, 05:26 PM
I like the new ride, but I also liked the old one. The best part is before you even get inside of the first real scene. Floating around the restaurant feels very DL Pirates of the Caribbean to me. Also, the new ride has a totally different tone and the ride feels much, much shorter.

YETI PINTRADER
12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I really like the old version it was way better than the new. The old was probably one of my favorite things to do at EPCOT. It was a classic that my family went out of our way to ride. The new version just doesn't have that feel.

kirby_is_kyaan
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Floating around the restaurant feels very DL Pirates of the Caribbean to me.

Yeah, I was actually scared the first time I rode it when I was really little. :lol: It makes me think they could have done something amazing around the country's mythology, though that wouldn't have brought the festiveness probably wanted.

I haven't been on the ride since its makeover, but it looks pretty good to me. We're definitely hitting this when we get up in February, the original ride as well as the San Angel Inn were a source of great family memories for all of us.

peaches magee
12-03-2008, 09:52 PM
I like the new ride, but I also liked the old one. The best part is before you even get inside of the first real scene. Floating around the restaurant feels very DL Pirates of the Caribbean to me. Also, the new ride has a totally different tone and the ride feels much, much shorter.

That is my favorite part too. Going around the water with the big Mayan temple there and the volcano in the distance.
The lighting in the entire pavillion is just so ambient. Loves it!

BriMan
12-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I love the smell of the Mexican food...

peaches magee
12-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Only reason why I havent eaten there yet... not a huge fan of Mexican food, but it does smell decent in there actually.

Sledge
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
I heard it wasn't very good food. :shrug:

BriMan
12-03-2008, 11:59 PM
It's alright, but it smells fantastic.

YETI PINTRADER
12-04-2008, 08:32 AM
When I went when I was young the food was really good and we liked everything about the restaraunt.

BigAl_PT
12-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I liked it. I enjoy when the Imagineers can bring in seldom-used characters to use in attractions...and it actually fits really well.

patrok65
03-03-2009, 09:48 PM
it was ok didn't add much for me or take away i coulda went either way on this one

Poster X
03-13-2009, 02:13 PM
I really enjoyed the update of this attraction. I'd of liked it even more if they could have come up with an animatronic of each of the 3 characters.

BigAl_PT
03-13-2009, 05:59 PM
I really enjoyed the update of this attraction. I'd of liked it even more if they could have come up with an animatronic of each of the 3 characters.
Agreed. Maybe they could get versions of the animatronics from "It's a Small World" at Disneyland and incorporate them into the final Fiesta scene. That would work perfectly. :thumbs: