PDA

View Full Version : Pixar Place Arch

Sledge
02-10-2008, 07:30 AM
I found pictures of the Pixar Place arches taken by GymLeaderPhil at another site and one of them looks pretty interesting.

The side closest to Narnia has been up for awhile now, but looks like this...
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7673/252084734kl4zimed2.jpg

...which it is safe to bet will look like this...

http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/images/1986_pixar.jpg

BUT, then on the other side there is this...

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/3308/252086275jrvbwmoe1.jpg

To me it looks like it would easily fit the theme of the Ratatouille coaster which has been rumored to be going in directly next door to Toy Story Mania, and right behind this arch. Obviously there has to be a reason it isn't the same style as the other side, right? Could this be a sign of things to come?

FGCUSabre
02-10-2008, 12:20 PM
i kinda agree...why make a new "area to the park"...if your not gonna build other rides. i love how disney is adding new rides. even though some are more high tech and sound lame...i have liked most of the new ones over the past few years.

DisneyFanKevin
02-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Sounds interesting. I can't wait for TSM to open!!:)

RocknGuitar
02-11-2008, 03:08 AM
wow, a whole Pixar area for MGM... I mean Hollywood Studios. That looks interesting...

Sledge
02-11-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm guessing this arch is just "temporary" for the next few years while the Backlot gets destroyed. From my understand Pixar Place will stretch all the way over to the Bugs Life Play... uh, Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset. Heck, they already have the Monsters, Inc. moved over there, although I haven't seen it in person to determine how permanent or temporary it looks.

peaches magee
02-11-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm guessing this arch is just "temporary" for the next few years while the Backlot gets destroyed. From my understand Pixar Place will stretch all the way over to the Bugs Life Play... uh, Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset. Heck, they already have the Monsters, Inc. moved over there, although I haven't seen it in person to determine how permanent or temporary it looks.

Last I saw Mike & Sully had their "Visitation Spot" in a kind of garage off a side street... didn't seem very permanent to me.

Sledge
02-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Last I saw Mike & Sully had their "Visitation Spot" in a kind of garage off a side street... didn't seem very permanent to me.
Are you referring to the area near the ABC Commissary? This was the old one. The new one is new the Backlot Tour Exit and from what I've seen looks to be in a big room. :idea:

kristilovesdw
02-11-2008, 12:03 PM
What is the cinema type thing to the left on the 3rd picture with the very different looking arch? I've went blank and can't remember what that was for or why it's still there with all the Pixar change...

peaches magee
02-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Are you referring to the area near the ABC Commissary? This was the old one. The new one is new the Backlot Tour Exit and from what I've seen looks to be in a big room. :idea:

Ahh yes, when we went in Dec, they were still in the ABC Area.
Man, I need to get back there, I feel out of the loop. :doh:

Roll N Fear
02-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Maybe when this Pixar World area is built, it can start collecting some of it's relatives from the other parks. Like MILF and the 50 nemo attractions it has at EPCOT.

Sledge
02-11-2008, 02:36 PM
What is the cinema type thing to the left on the 3rd picture with the very different looking arch? I've went blank and can't remember what that was for or why it's still there with all the Pixar change...
You used to be able to meet Mickey in his Fantasia outfit.

d a n n y
02-11-2008, 04:17 PM
You used to be able to meet Mickey in his Fantasia outfit.

Were you ever able to meet Steamboat Willie? The only costume I've seen of that is in Fantasmic. I think once when I was younger I met Jimminey Cricket who was supposedly very rare at the time.

Beachgurl
02-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Were you ever able to meet Steamboat Willie? The only costume I've seen of that is in Fantasmic. I think once when I was younger I met Jimminey Cricket who was supposedly very rare at the time.

Jiminy is regularly at the Conservation Station over in Animal Kingdom. I thought I had also heard that he made appearances in the morning over by Main Street.

RocknGuitar
02-11-2008, 07:33 PM
yay, a wall-e ride! Yippee!

Wow, wall-e. Could you imagine that? ...-shivers-:rolleyes:

FGCUSabre
02-11-2008, 09:23 PM

so is fantasmic mickey meets gone :(

steamboat willie is available at the MK. Its in the first store to your right.

Its a cardboard cutout...but it kinda looks decent

JEANYLASER
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
I love Pixar! I hope i can meet my favorite heros the Incredibles!

d a n n y
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
I already met Mr. and Mrs. a few years ago in DHS.

Beachgurl
02-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I love Pixar! I hope i can meet my favorite heros the Incredibles!

They're out all the time inside the animation area of DHS.

The Patchman
02-13-2008, 11:01 PM
I AM SICK OF PIXAR! GOD! Most of the Pixar ride ih ave been on are awful, only eception is Finding Nemo.

Geez, these rides! A new area, with one ride......wow

FGCUSabre
02-13-2008, 11:59 PM
pixar isnt bad. it is a disney company now. i am sure disney has as much say over cars as they did with lion king.

disney will be returning to animation (not done by a computer) in a year or 2 for atleast another movie. i cant recall the title or story...but for those of you that dont like pixar theres stuff coming up for you!

Sledge
02-14-2008, 12:04 AM
disney will be returning to animation (not done by a computer) in a year or 2 for atleast another movie. i cant recall the title or story...but for those of you that dont like pixar theres stuff coming up for you!
The Frog Princess... oh wait, that was offensive so it's now The Princess and the Frog. :bang:

The Patchman
02-14-2008, 12:08 AM
I dont hate pixar, I am just sick of everything pIXAR PIXAR PIXAR! I love disney and pixar, I love pixar to death.

Just not when its so over used.

FGCUSabre
02-14-2008, 01:17 AM
the last movie - Enchanted was great!

they also have changed up play house disney and added HS Musical. Idol is not Toy Story. Lots of rides have been getting rehabs.

I know Pixar seems over used...but why would Disney make a Peter Pan ride now...when they already have one. They can tap in to a new market where everyone can identify with the characters - no matter what age.

Thanks Jason for that title!

The Patchman
02-14-2008, 09:00 AM
touche good sir lol

DisneyFanKevin
02-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Does anyone know if a DVD release date for Enchanted has been announced?

BriMan
02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Does anyone know if a DVD release date for Enchanted has been announced?

I believe it was March 18th.

RocknGuitar
02-15-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, Enchanted was a pretty good movie. I was surprised.

FGCUSabre
02-15-2008, 01:25 PM
man - when i goto the store and buy that im gonna have to tell the cashier im getting this for my girlfriend. hehe :p

BriMan
02-15-2008, 01:53 PM
man - when i goto the store and buy that im gonna have to tell the cashier im getting this for my girlfriend. hehe :p

Doesn't bother me. Ill walk right in and say "this is mine, I'm buying it for my enjoyment".

JEANYLASER
02-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I can't wait to see the new Pixar Place in DHS!

The Patchman
02-16-2008, 01:39 AM
Enchanted was one of the best disney movies in awhile! Defiantely disney is good at makign fun of themselves

kirby_is_kyaan
02-17-2008, 10:25 AM
I believe it was March 18th.

Speaking of release dates, I can't believe that the Game Plan is out already. I'm glad to see Disney return to traditional animation with the Princess and the Frog, but I can already see some idiot finding something racist about the movie. :doh:

FGCUSabre
02-17-2008, 01:10 PM
So rumors are Bugs life can take over the honey I shrunk the kids area. Monsters has a viewing area now. Is there anything else people can think of that disney can change over or bring in new rides for the other pixar areas? If this is really going to be a pixar place, more rides will be needed.

I hate when the area is changed and has 1 ride and its supposed to be a land. Much like Krustyland at UO and such.

Sledge
02-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Well the Ratatouille coaster is rumored for the building next door to TSM. It would be similar to the Crush Coaster. It's just a rumor but the style of the arch in the first post looks very fitting of Ratatouille.

Also, the Backlot Tour will be gone in the next few years and its rumored that a Carland would replace it with a few Cars inspired rides. Not much is really known about what that could be. It'd be neat to get the Cars ride that's a third generation of the Test Track system.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-17-2008, 02:46 PM
How about a nice meal at Gusteau's? That would be interesting, but probably a little less fancy and changed to be more suited for American tastes.

The Patchman
02-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Now that I think about it I was a little harsh about this addition. I apologize.

I think that this is going to be a great addition to the studios, they just need more than one ride.

kristilovesdw
02-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Give them time they will add more rides to Pixar Place, TSM is the first of many attractions to come...well atleast a few, they can't put too much in the small area. And I agree, the arch looks too different from the other "Pixar" arch at the entrace. They've got to have some ideas/plans about it that we just don't know about yet that will surface soon enough.

I for one am quite excited about the Pixar Place addition, there is so much they can do with it. I'd love to see Toy Story:The Musical (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-toystory0808jan08,0,5669824.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout) there but am very anxious to see what comes about!

The Patchman
02-17-2008, 04:16 PM
I will just give it time, only good things to come.

FGCUSabre
02-17-2008, 10:44 PM
wow...gusteos would be great!!!!

not to sound dumb....but how is cars different than test track? i have not heard much about this ride.

and that will be sad when the backlot tour is gone...but there is a lot of land back there they can use!

kirby_is_kyaan
02-17-2008, 10:57 PM
and that will be sad when the backlot tour is gone...but there is a lot of land back there they can use!

That got me thinking.... you know what I'm dying for? An Incredibles combination dark ride/coaster! Or at least a decent Incredibles attraction.

FGCUSabre
02-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Good point...

So can we see any relocations of attractions from other parks? I doubt another Nemo ride could be made. Will Monsters find a way to get a ride here?

Toy Story will be covered. Bugs Life can be done easily at Honey I shrunk the Kids. Cars has that Test Track idea. Ratatouille has a Coaster Rumor.

Incredibles would be the only Pixar film left out of Disney Parks.

Sledge
02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
I for one am quite excited about the Pixar Place addition, there is so much they can do with it. I'd love to see Toy Story:The Musical (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/custom/tourism/orl-toystory0808jan08,0,5669824.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout) there but am very anxious to see what comes about!
I think that will be a Disney Cruise exclusive for awhile. I also don't see it going into Pixar Place since they'll already have a major Toy Story representation. Never say never though.

That got me thinking.... you know what I'm dying for? An Incredibles combination dark ride/coaster! Or at least a decent Incredibles attraction.
You can thank Harry Potter for that. The Kuka Robo Arm that will be used for the Harry Potter ride is exclusive to Universal for the next ten years. Basically there was a bidding war between Universal and Disney and Universal won out. There were a lot of rumors that Disney wanted to use this for an Incredibles attraction, which personally, I would have much more preferred than Harry Potter.

not to sound dumb....but how is cars different than test track? i have not heard much about this ride.
Third generation technology. Basically take Test Track, give it better technology and use a cars theme. One of the things confirmed for the ride in California is there will be two tracks side by side at the end of the attraction and you will race the car next to you. It will look like the dirt racing track they raced around in Radiator Springs. Also, there will be a "life sized" Mater that will actually drive backwards and talk to you as you are moving forward along the track. I really hope we get this as well, but seeing as how we having gotten Indy just because we already have Dinosaur, I'm worried we won't get this since we already have Test Track. :bang:

kristilovesdw
02-17-2008, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=Sledge;3131]I think that will be a Disney Cruise exclusive for awhile. I also don't see it going into Pixar Place since they'll already have a major Toy Story representation. Never say never though.QUOTE]

Yes unfortunately :( they have Toy Story pretty much covered, just a wish though. But it would give me an excuse to go on the cruise, hehe! And if and when the Backlot Tour goes away it will open up alot of space for that area. And I think I remember hearing that the wardrobe department will be moved...I might be wrong on that, but that would also open up space back behind those studios.

The Patchman
02-17-2008, 11:55 PM
About the incredibles, I have heard about that rumor that the old peoplemover is going to be turned into the Incredipods or something.

I would love to see an incredibles attraction through.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-18-2008, 12:12 AM
About the incredibles, I have heard about that rumor that the old peoplemover is going to be turned into the Incredipods or something.

I would love to see an incredibles attraction through.

Yeah, I heard something that's basically the same thing. So is Pixar Place going to be DCA: Florida Edition: Pixar's Cut, from what I'm understanding?

Sledge
02-18-2008, 12:35 AM
So is Pixar Place going to be DCA: Florida Edition: Pixar's Cut, from what I'm understanding?
Nah. Some similarities, but DCA isn't going to be all Pixar. I'm sure a some of the Pixar Place stuff will be exclusive.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-18-2008, 12:38 AM
Nah. Some similarities, but DCA isn't going to be all Pixar.

Eh, by the time I graduate HS half the park will be Pixar-themed anyway.

kristilovesdw
07-10-2008, 12:40 PM
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/monsters_in002.jpg

I found this picture on another website, and from the detail in the back it looks almost identical to the other arch...what do you guys think? Maybe the next overhaul to Pixar Place is Monsters, Inc. related.

Sledge
07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
I noticed that too! You actually see it at more than one part. When they are in Sulley's house you can actually see the curved arch. I thought I had posted this before, but I looked all over and couldn't find it.

BTW, those yellow and red lights are still on top of the arch. Hmm...

kristilovesdw
07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks for moving this, I couldn't find this thread earlier and I know I had posted in it before! Anywho I've tried to find more scenes from the movie of Monstropolis but didn't have any luck.

The detail on the arch and the detail of Monstropolis are so similar! Also, I think it'd be great if they eventually moved MILF there if this is indeed where they plan on going with the next phase of Pixar Place.

kirby_is_kyaan
07-10-2008, 11:15 PM
AAH, is it small? I can't see it.

DisneyFanKevin
07-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. Can't wait to see what the new attraction will be...if there is going to be a new attraction.

The_Bled
07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
^ I'm hoping there's going to be a new one.

kristilovesdw
07-11-2008, 11:47 PM
AAH, is it small? I can't see it.

It's the beam type structure to the right of Sulley (in the pic). It looks alot like the arch towards Soundstage 1.

Jakemeister
07-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Hmm, that's interesting. Can't wait to see what the new attraction will be...if there is going to be a new attraction.
Why would they make a land and only have one attraction? That just isn't logical, to make a new area available for multiple attractions but only have one..

DisneyFanKevin
07-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Why would they make a land and only have one attraction? That just isn't logical, to make a new area available for multiple attractions but only have one..

You never know....;)

Jakemeister
07-12-2008, 06:25 PM
You never know....;)
Your right but logic is logic though. It's not like it was a reduction of attractions or something.

DisneyFanKevin
07-12-2008, 07:13 PM
You're right, I guess. I just hope they add a Monster's Inc. ride like the one over in Anaheim! :)

Sledge
07-13-2008, 01:04 AM
You're right, I guess. I just hope they add a Monster's Inc. ride like the one over in Anaheim! :)
I heard that it's not very good. Let's hope for the one going overseas. ;)

kristilovesdw
07-16-2008, 04:02 PM
I heard that it's not very good. Let's hope for the one going overseas. ;)

Exactly, Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters Inc. Ride-And-Go-Seek would be great! I especially love how they themed the building to look like the scare factory from the movie! But they spent 88 million on their attraction... I don't think Disney World would do such a thing :bang:

Here's a link to some pics:
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/43-Monsters-Inc.-Ride-And-Go-Seek.html sorry it's in french :shrug:

peaches magee
07-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Exactly, Tokyo Disneyland's Monsters Inc. Ride-And-Go-Seek would be great! I especially love how they themed the building to look like the scare factory from the movie! But they spent 88 million on their attraction... I don't think Disney World would do such a thing :bang:

Here's a link to some pics:
http://www.disneytheque.com/index.php?/archives/43-Monsters-Inc.-Ride-And-Go-Seek.html sorry it's in french :shrug:

Wow, that looks sooo cool. Way better than Scare Floor.

BigAl_PT
07-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I just don't know if they would put a Monsters, Inc. attraction in the Studios not too long after opening the attraction in the Magic Kingdom. I could see them looking to add a Cars ride (since they're putting one in Disneyland) or maybe they even a Wall-E ride in the works?

DisneyFanKevin
07-16-2008, 04:52 PM
I can't see a ride based on WALL-E. They could probably do something based off of "The Incredibles" or "Meet the Robinsons", though.

kristilovesdw
07-21-2008, 12:32 PM
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/07/21/monday-mouse-watch-get-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

Jim Hill is reporting that we are indeed getting the Monsters, Inc themed land/attraction. However it is Jim Hill so this isn't confirmed or anything, still exciting nonetheless :D

peaches magee
07-21-2008, 12:35 PM
http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/07/21/monday-mouse-watch-get-ready-for-wdw-s-monstrous-new-coaster.aspx

Jim Hill is reporting that we are indeed getting the Monsters, Inc themed land/attraction. However it is Jim Hill so this isn't confirmed or anything, still exciting nonetheless :D

But they already have the Laugh Floor at MK. :shrug:
I think another movie should get a ride in Pixar Place.... (hint, hint...Incredibles)

kristilovesdw
07-21-2008, 12:44 PM
But they already have the Laugh Floor at MK. :shrug:
I think another movie should get a ride in Pixar Place.... (hint, hint...Incredibles)

Yes but the Laugh Floor couldn't compare to the new Monsters, Inc. inverted family coaster! And there's always the option of relocating MLF to the new themed MI land :shrug: that way it has more than one attraction in the land. I do think we will eventually see something Incredibles based in the future, it's too popular not to...IMO.

peaches magee
07-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Yes but the Laugh Floor couldn't compare to the new Monsters, Inc. inverted family coaster! And there's always the option of relocating MLF to the new themed MI land :shrug: that way it has more than one attraction in the land. I do think we will eventually see something Incredibles based in the future, it's too popular not to...IMO.

An inverted coaster based on like the door scene would be pretty cool. Just seems funny to have 2 attractions based off the same movie. But then again we do have Buzz Lightyear's ride and TSM, so anything is possible. Also The Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk with crush. Those are on a smaller scale, but still.
Incredibles definately needs one, it is sooo open for so many ideas for rides... it's superheroes for pete's sake!

ROTM182
07-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Ya know I never even thought of the Incredibles until Peaches said something about it. If they made a nice custom roller coaster themed to the Incredibles that'd be pretty cool. I'd ride it for sure. I just don't want it to be a Wild Mouse or something like they have at DLP for Nemo one of those Spinning rides. Primevil Whirl is enough. How about something nice and somewhat compact and since we all know it'll be Vekoma since WDWR loves Vekoma, hopefully it's smooth. I'm not a fan of Vekoma after my experiences on Ninja and Deja Vu at Six Flags over Georgia.....

YETI PINTRADER
07-21-2008, 11:00 PM
For Pixar I really want to see more Bugs Life. Yes there is It's Tough to be a Bug but that movie has a lot more to offer. Flik is an inventor but the inventions never work out quite right so there could be a ride. It would also fit in Pixar Place since you are already small like a toy you could also be small like a bug.

peaches magee
07-21-2008, 11:19 PM
For Pixar I really want to see more Bugs Life. Yes there is It's Tough to be a Bug but that movie has a lot more to offer. Flik is an inventor but the inventions never work out quite right so there could be a ride. It would also fit in Pixar Place since you are already small like a toy you could also be small like a bug.

Did they ever switch over the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground to Bug's Life? If not, they really should, it fits.
And that movie and show are sooo outdated by now.

YETI PINTRADER
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Did they ever switch over the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground to Bug's Life? If not, they really should, it fits.
And that movie and show are sooo outdated by now.

That was actually part of Jim Hills rumor that it would get the re-theme.

BigAl_PT
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM

I can't see them putting in a Monsters, Inc. land at the Studios (or anywhere else for that matter). Like I said before, more rides/attractions based on Pixar movies seem to be the direction they're going in for that area of the park. But I can't see a "Meet the Robinsons" attraction in Pixar Place (since it isn't a Pixar movie) or anywhere else.

peaches magee
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I can't see them putting in a Monsters, Inc. land at the Studios (or anywhere else for that matter). Like I said before, more rides/attractions based on Pixar movies seem to be the direction they're going in for that area of the park. But I can't see a "Meet the Robinsons" attraction in Pixar Place (since it isn't a Pixar movie) or anywhere else.

Yeah 'Meet the Robinsons' is all Disney so would never be in Pixar Place.
I wonder what else they will put in there though that hasn't been done already.

Sledge
07-22-2008, 04:30 PM
But I can't see a "Meet the Robinsons" attraction in Pixar Place (since it isn't a Pixar movie) or anywhere else.
I can guarantee you won't see Meet The Robinsons in Pixar Place. It was Disney not Pixar. They started it when they still thought Cars was going to be the last partnership with Pixar.

kristilovesdw
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
So I was looking at studioscentral weekly update (10.27) and noticed that on picture 20 it looks as if it has multiple windows behind the tarp, you can almost see thru it and it it looks like windows to me. Anyone else see this? It's located at the end of Pixar Place so looks like Monstropolis...

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/mi.jpg

DisneyFanKevin
10-28-2008, 10:33 AM
Interesting find, Kristi! I'm not exactly sure, but you could be right. Where exactly was this picture taken?

Beachgurl
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
I thought we already knew a Monster's Inc ride was going in? lol

At least that's what I thought for the last few months...

Sledge
10-28-2008, 04:12 PM
That's always been there. Kim and Ron used to do their meet and greet down there in one of the doorways. This is the only pictures I have... :lol:

http://i34.tinypic.com/dwxaf4.jpg

So that's definitely been there for a looong time. However, it could be getting a monsters remake eventually. :shrug:

Sal
10-28-2008, 04:47 PM
Kim there has some more pounds then in the show.

peaches magee
10-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Kim there has some more pounds then in the show.

Dude, that's not right. :rolleyes:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2luvs0o.gif

I don't want to see anyone this thin in the park playing a character.

kristilovesdw
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Interesting find, Kristi! I'm not exactly sure, but you could be right. Where exactly was this picture taken?

It's on the corner directly across from the backlot tour... if I'm not mistaken. It's the back corner of the GMR buidling.

I thought we already knew a Monster's Inc ride was going in? lol

At least that's what I thought for the last few months...

Disney has never confirmed it. But my fingers are crossed :cross:

That's always been there. Kim and Ron used to do their meet and greet down there in one of the doorways. This is the only pictures I have... :lol:

http://i34.tinypic.com/dwxaf4.jpg

So that's definitely been there for a looong time. However, it could be getting a monsters remake eventually. :shrug:

I know I've been where that picture is taken but for some reason I didn't think that where that tarp is, is the Steets of America :shrug: I'm trying to rack my brain but since the GMR buidling backs up to everything, I can't place the corner of the tarp at the same as the picture is you posted. I know you've got to be more familiar with the area than me so thanks for putting a hole in my theory :bonk:

Sledge
10-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Kim and Ron were originally in this location, then moved to Streets of America. Pretty sure this is just routine maintenance. It's definitely nothing new... yet.

Sal
10-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Dude, that's not right. :rolleyes:

http://i35.tinypic.com/2luvs0o.gif

I don't want to see anyone this thin in the park playing a character.

She has to be fit.

Beachgurl
10-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Disney has never confirmed it. But my fingers are crossed :cross:

Yeah I know they haven't yet, but from what I've heard over the last few months its all BUT confirmed. Wonder when its going to happen.

peaches magee
10-29-2008, 02:13 PM
She has to be fit.

She doesn't look fat or anything to me. She looks cute, and the part.
It's not like Kim Possible has little rock hard abs drawn on her.
It's a CARTOON. Sheesh!

kristilovesdw
10-29-2008, 04:53 PM
Kim and Ron were originally in this location, then moved to Streets of America. Pretty sure this is just routine maintenance. It's definitely nothing new... yet.

Ahhhh, that makes sense! Oh and I read somewhere today that like you said it's just routine maintenance but that it's the rumored new Monsters, Inc. meet and greet.

Yeah I know they haven't yet, but from what I've heard over the last few months its all BUT confirmed. Wonder when its going to happen.

Yep it does seem all but confirmed and also to add, a few months ago the concept art and a video was featured on "the hub" and CM's were reporting what the video contained and how cool the concept art was... a building similar in size to RnR. Which to me, sounds just like the building from the movie :shrug:

Sledge
10-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Ahhhh, that makes sense! Oh and I read somewhere today that like you said it's just routine maintenance but that it's the rumored new Monsters, Inc. meet and greet.
You heard they are moving the Monster meet and greet over there? They started across from Sci-Fi, then they moved near the exit of Backlot the past year. The new location is pretty elaborate, so I don't know why they'd move it again.

kristilovesdw
10-29-2008, 05:26 PM
You heard they are moving the Monster meet and greet over there? They started across from Sci-Fi, then they moved near the exit of Backlot the past year. The new location is pretty elaborate, so I don't know why they'd move it again.

Yeah because I remember they were at one time by the commissary? From a very reliable source on wdwmagic:

Character/Entertainment Updates
Please remember these can change

Studios
-Monsters Inc. meet n greet location will be moving to a new location across from where Sorcerer Mickey used to be. Construction has started.
-Christmas Decorations may be changed this year due to Block Party Bash Floats. Mike W. would hit them.
-Bolt, Mittens and Rhino will be starting very soon for meet n greets at Studios.
-Prince Caspian's location is now being enclosed. Possible re-opening on Nov. 2nd.

MK
-Next year may see the Christmas castle lights extended all the way down Main Street.
-MNSSHP Villains Mix n Mingle may feature Hades next year on the lift playing a guitar during the show.
-New floats for MVMCP: Chip n Dale on the ski slope float and Santa's float have be redone.
-Celebrate Dreams Come True Parade begins rehearsals in January. Expect to see Mickey's and the princess float to be redone. Say goodbye to Fantasia Brooms, The Bridesmaids and the Chimney Sweeps.
-The fairies meet n greet will be different than other meet n greets. Look for them to spend some time playing games with guests which may make the line even longer. This is a test and other meet n greets may incorporate this in the future.

Epcot
-Marie the cat is possibly being phased out. If you want to see her please have a CM call the C.H.I.P. hotline to see if she's out.

kirby_is_kyaan
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
As far as that information in your quote, I hope they close Prince Caspian for something more useful, at least until Voyage of the Dawn Treader comes out anyway. Maybe Disney could start closing it a month or so after the movie gets released on DVD and Blu-Ray?

Oh, and who was Marie the Cat anyway? :lol:

Disneyhead
10-29-2008, 09:16 PM
As far as that information in your quote, I hope they close Prince Caspian for something more useful, at least until Voyage of the Dawn Treader comes out anyway. Maybe Disney could start closing it a month or so after the movie gets released on DVD and Blu-Ray?

Oh, and who was Marie the Cat anyway? :lol:

http://www.cs.fiu.edu/~flynnj/tv/Aristocats/duchess-marie1.jpg

peaches magee
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the updates kristi.
I would love to see the castle lights extended all the way down Mainstreet.
Man I can't wait to go for the holidays now! :)

kirby_is_kyaan
10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks Yates. I figured it had to be something from Aristocats. :doh: Not the most famous Disney franchise, I'm not surprised if they do in fact stop using her at Epcot.

Sledge
10-29-2008, 11:18 PM
Very interesting. I guess the Monsters can't get settled into one place for very long. :lol: I'll keep checking it out to see if they add decorations, paint, etc. I think their current location looks nice, so this could look amazing.

BigAl_PT
11-03-2008, 06:34 PM
The picture below appears to be the corner in question. If so, they REALLY trimmed down those trees in front of the building facade.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/kpetitjr/DHSCorner.jpg

Sledge
11-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Looked at it tonight and it looks like it is actually being taken down. I guess we'll see what happens.

YETI PINTRADER
12-21-2008, 08:57 AM
Has anyone heard anything going on a Pixar Place. It was a ton of rumors then nothing.