PDA

View Full Version : Dragonforce's Ultra Beatdown Tour at HoB!!!

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=54326

$23!!!

I'm so in.

kirby_is_kyaan
09-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Something to finally convince you to go to Disney for once. I'm also wondering who chose the tour name. :lol: Ah well, the name fits Dragonforce anyway.

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Something to finally convince you to go to Disney for once. I'm also wondering who chose the tour name. :lol: Ah well, the name fits Dragonforce anyway.

I like going to Disney, we just only have AP's for UO. :thumbs:

Actually, Ultra Beatdown is the name of their new album. :happy:

kirby_is_kyaan
09-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I like going to Disney, we just only have AP's for UO. :thumbs:

Actually, Ultra Beatdown is the name of their new album. :happy:

Sounds good... I don't think I plan on getting this, but is one of the songs by any chance featured on Guitar Hero: World Tour? They've got to do so...

DisneyFanKevin
09-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I have one question...who are they? :lol:

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds good... I don't think I plan on getting this, but is one of the songs by any chance featured on Guitar Hero: World Tour? They've got to do so...

I don't think so. I know one of them (Heroes of Time) is featured on the new Dragonforce track pack on GHIII on the 360.

Speed metal band out of England.

Basically they're the new age metal form of badass.

Disneyhead
09-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I don't think so. I know one of them (Heroes of Time) is featured on the new Dragonforce track pack on GHIII on the 360.

I was thinking a new form of obnoxious. But thats just me.

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I was thinking a new form of obnoxious. But thats just me.

If you get past the whole, "OMG Dragonforce is so awesome!! I've only heard of them because of Guitar Heroz!!!"

And of course, "TTFAF FTW!!"

They're actually really good.

DisneyFanKevin
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Eh, I'll pass now. ;)

Disneyhead
09-10-2008, 09:04 PM
See, I'm at a disadvantage in that I loath "metal".

I understand you kiddies need your own music, but I feel like an old codger.
(shaking my fist inthe air) You call that music, that ain't music, Led Zeppelin is music.

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-10-2008, 09:06 PM
See, I'm at a disadvantage in that I loath "metal".

I understand you kiddies need your own music, but I feel like an old codger.
(shaking my fist inthe air) You call that music, that ain't music, Led Zeppelin is music.

Led Zeppelin is music.

I love all music, and Dragonforce is just one of my favorite bands. :thumbs:

kirby_is_kyaan
09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
I think Dragonforce is all right. I just got TTFAF, which I did find out through "Guitar Heroz". :lol: In fact, the vast majority of the music I've been listening to and downloading lately has been either in the first Rock Band or has been released as a downloadable song. Finally, Ryan, no matter how much you love the 360, Activision wants as much money as they can get, so they also released that on PS3. It's actually one of the top-selling downloads on the PlayStation Store last time I checked.

YETI PINTRADER
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
This sounds so cool. The best part is that I can affoard it! I just need to convince my parents to take me.

kirby_is_kyaan
09-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Maybe I should bring a certain Rock Band-obsessd friend I constantly mention here, if only to laugh at how every song is about epic journeys to faraway places. :lol: We're actually trying to go to a Bang Camaro concert that's in Tampa, but either would be hard to actually get to....

Disneyhead
09-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Led Zeppelin is music.

I love all music, and Dragonforce is just one of my favorite bands. :thumbs:

All music?

Jakemeister
09-10-2008, 11:15 PM

Your kidding right?

If you get past the whole, "OMG Dragonforce is so awesome!! I've only heard of them because of Guitar Heroz!!!"

And of course, "TTFAF FTW!!"

They're actually really good.
Read above.

I'll pass. SO much better metal. SOOO much better metal.

d a n n y
09-11-2008, 07:22 AM

Through the Fire and Flames?

$23 is damn good value. I like them, just not my favorites. I'd so go though if I were down there.

Dr. Emmett Brown
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM
All music?

All music. From Alternative to Zydeco. :thumbs:

Maybe I should bring a certain Rock Band-obsessd friend I constantly mention here, if only to laugh at how every song is about epic journeys to faraway places. :lol: We're actually trying to go to a Bang Camaro concert that's in Tampa, but either would be hard to actually get to....

It's really scary how most of there songs are about epic journeys to faraway places. :lol:

$23 is damn good value. I like them, just not my favorites. I'd so go though if I were down there.

Exactly. They do suck live (proof below), but hey it'll be cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYpNNUFsF9Q&feature=related

Plus they have an awesome opener.
POWERGLOVE!!!!

The_Bled
09-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Yeah. Operation Ground and Pound FTW! I'll consider this.

kirby_is_kyaan
09-11-2008, 07:25 PM
That sounds like a challenge. :lol:

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-23-2008, 04:39 PM
WOW!! What an amazing concert last night.

Powerglove opened it with their Tetris cover, and it just got better. They threw out inflatable novelty swords and hammers for everyone to beat the crap out of eachother during the Mortal Combat cover. They also got the whole crowd to chant "F*CK THAT BIRD" (relating to the bird boss in Megaman 5).

After Powerglove came Turisas, the viking metal band from Finland. They opened their act with "Battle Metal," their signature song. Amazing group, they got a circle pit going (which I was in).

But of course, the evening wouldn't be complete without the main act, Dragonforce!! Of course, they were drinking the ENTIRE time, making it that much more funny. I honestly don't think I've had that much fun moshing in my entire life. :lol:

From memory, they played:
The Last Journey Home
Soldiers of the Wasteland
Through the Fire and Flames (AMAZING!!)
Revolution Deathsquad
Reasons to Live (Amazing mosh opening)
Fury of the Storm (Again, good moshing song)
The Warrior Inside
Cry For Eternity?
Storming the Burning Fields?

That's all I can remember them playing... They played more I believe, but I suffered head injuries moshing and holding up crowd surfers :lol:

For all the people out there who think Dragonforce is horrible live, you are definitely wrong. They played amazing last night, believe it or not. :thumbs:

Jakemeister
11-23-2008, 08:10 PM
For all the people out there who think Dragonforce is horrible live, you are definitely wrong. They played amazing last night, believe it or not. :thumbs:
I don't have to think it I know it.

Disneyhead
11-23-2008, 11:21 PM
I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I'd rather have a root canal.

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I don't have to think it I know it.

Honestly, all of those YouTube videos show nothing of how they played Saturday night. It really was amazing.

I am glad you enjoyed the show.

I'd rather have a root canal.

That sounds exciting... :lol:

kirby_is_kyaan
11-24-2008, 01:55 PM
That sounds exciting... :lol:

Every person has their idea of fun or torture. :lol:

I don't care much about Dragonforce, all I need is TTFAF (the diehard Dragonforce fan song, of course :rolleyes: ).

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-24-2008, 03:15 PM
Every person has their idea of fun or torture. :lol:

I don't care much about Dragonforce, all I need is TTFAF (the diehard Dragonforce fan song, of course :rolleyes: ).

That was the last song they played.

Usually live, they do it with a synthesizer, which sounds HORRIBLE, but Sam played the intro with an acoustic, and it sounded AMAZING!!

tiredoldspook
11-25-2008, 12:34 PM
Sorry I have seen Iron Maiden live now that is metal and that is amazing. Until some one can figure away to top bringing Eddie out then I have not seen amazing.

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Sorry I have seen Iron Maiden live now that is metal and that is amazing. Until some one can figure away to top bringing Eddie out then I have not seen amazing.

Nah, nothing will top that Spook. :lol:

Jakemeister
11-26-2008, 07:40 AM
All I have to say to that is "SLAYER!". Who I've seen live. One of my concert high lights.

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-26-2008, 04:40 PM
All I have to say to that is "SLAYER!". Who I've seen live. One of my concert high lights.

Did you do the wall of death? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnrbBUq8G8

Jakemeister
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Did you do the wall of death? :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEnrbBUq8G8
House of Blues wouldn't have liked that to much. But the mosh pits there were insane. I got out of them after two songs. Pretty much the whole bottom floor of House of Blues was a pit.

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
House of Blues wouldn't have liked that to much. But the mosh pits there were insane. I got out of them after two songs. Pretty much the whole bottom floor of House of Blues was a pit.

Same with the Dragonforce concert. :lol:

ZP Theart (vocalist) had the crowd already positioned in two halves and the security guard in the alleyway between the crowd and the stage turned his head and mouthed "NO."

:lol:

Jakemeister
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Same with the Dragonforce concert. :lol:

ZP Theart (vocalist) had the crowd already positioned in two halves and the security guard in the alleyway between the crowd and the stage turned his head and mouthed "NO."

:lol:
XD They didn't even try. Not that security would have been able to do anything the concert was insane and the crowd was crazier. Crowds at metal shows are unstoppable. When I went to see Children of Bodom they were breaking up pits until the last song....then about 40 people got involved and the guards fled. :lol:

Dr. Emmett Brown
11-26-2008, 04:59 PM
XD They didn't even try. Not that security would have been able to do anything the concert was insane and the crowd was crazier. Crowds at metal shows are unstoppable. When I went to see Children of Bodom they were breaking up pits until the last song....then about 40 people got involved and the guards fled. :lol:

No, they didn't. :lol:
Honestly, if they would've it would've been unstoppable. They already had security guards where pits had been bad earlier during opening bands.

XD the guards were involved in the pits. :lol: