PDA

View Full Version : Best character dining?

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey there Disneyites.
I am off to the land of the mouse in a couple of weeks to meet up with some friends. They are bringing their daughter for her 4th birthday and definately want to do a character breakfast. I have only done one in AK, Donald's Breakfastasauraus. It was really good but just wondering if anyone have done any others and how they were. I think she wants a breakfast but I am curious as to all character meals in all the parks or hotels, we are willing to go whatever one. Hoping we can get in this late also. Thanks :)

Beachgurl
08-25-2008, 01:27 PM
I've done the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare over in the Grand Fla. I loved it. I think girls would like it better anyway though because it had the Pooh characters, Alice and Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. Jason didn't like it though. He didn't like the atmosphere of the restaurant...which I did because I like the whole Victorian thing, but oh well.

As far as other character meals, I did Chef Mickeys which was nice. I like the characters there better. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and I think Pluto but I don't remember for sure.

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 01:31 PM
I've done the character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare over in the Grand Fla. I loved it. I think girls would like it better anyway though because it had the Pooh characters, Alice and Mad Hatter, and Mary Poppins. Jason didn't like it though. He didn't like the atmosphere of the restaurant...which I did because I like the whole Victorian thing, but oh well.

I was looking at that one... it is mostly for a their daughter, but have the please a 5 year old boy as well. I am looking at Chef Mickey's or Ohana's also, every done those?

Sledge
08-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Do 'Ohana, do 'Ohana. I've never done it, but I want to. Try it and let us know how it is. :lol:

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Do 'Ohana, do 'Ohana. I've never done it, but I want to. Try it and let us know how it is. :lol:

It looks pretty good... Island style potatoes. I just love the atmosphere there so much, Chef Mickey's just seems so generic. Hmmm... let me try and talk her into it, she only mentioned Chef Mickey's. Ohana's is a bit cheaper too.

Beachgurl
08-25-2008, 02:03 PM
It looks pretty good... Island style potatoes. I just love the atmosphere there so much, Chef Mickey's just seems so generic. Hmmm... let me try and talk her into it, she only mentioned Chef Mickey's. Ohana's is a bit cheaper too.

Yeah definitely go for Ohanas! I've been wanting to try that one too. I like the fact that its family style and not like a buffet.

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah definitely go for Ohanas! I've been wanting to try that one too. I like the fact that its family style and not like a buffet.

That is where I see a real appeal too. Better than a buffet to me.
And the pineapple bread they serve too. Yum!

Roll N Fear
08-25-2008, 03:54 PM
I've done both and prefer Ohana any day. Chef Mickey's is tacky and obnoxious.

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 06:31 PM
My friend was dead set on Chef Mickey's but I called and it was all booked but they just had an opening that morning for Ohana as we were talking so I booked it! :happy:
Roll N Fear... which characters were there? I know its Lilo & Stitch but I heard Mickey and Goofy were there also.
I am excited, I love the Poly, the atmosphere is so beautiful, much better than the Contemporary to me.
And the monorail goes right to EPCOT from there also so it is perfect for that day.
I will bring back pics and a full report on this one for you guys. :thumbs:

Dr. Emmett Brown
08-25-2008, 07:40 PM
Have fun! Get us some pics! :thumbs:

kirby_is_kyaan
08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
Have fun! :thumbs:

If you do go to Epcot and those kids want to do a character dinner, I would recommend the Garden Grill. Good food, plus a nice rotating view of Living with the Land. The characters are the usual Fab Five but with farmer's clothes, and minus Mickey (and possibly Minnie, I can't remember).

peaches magee
08-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Have fun! :thumbs:

If you do go to Epcot and those kids want to do a character dinner, I would recommend the Garden Grill. Good food, plus a nice rotating view of Living with the Land. The characters are the usual Fab Five but with farmer's clothes, and minus Mickey (and possibly Minnie, I can't remember).

I am a real pic freak so I will have lots.
I have always wanted to do Garden Grill, but since we are doing the breakfast that morning before EPCOT might be too much. Next time for sure.
I get all giddy when I see Chip N Dale and Pluto walking around in there. :)

d a n n y
08-26-2008, 01:03 AM
If you go to MK definitely check out Crystal Palace.

snoman
08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Call me a hillbilly but I enjoy the backyard Barbeque at Fort Wilderness. Kids loved the characters and it's so relaxed and laid back. All you can eat cookout with a live band, Mickey, Goofy, Chip N Dale, some others I think, and probably the most important-unlimited beer. It just gets more fun and more fun as the night goes on....

d a n n y
08-26-2008, 03:48 PM
To be honest that was the worst meal I ever had at Disney. I used to drink nothing but soda, and they don't serve any there but I was bummed, and I don't like outdoor dining ESPECIALLY in Florida.

BigAl_PT
08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
Ohana is the BEST!!! Of course, I've never been there for the character meal. The only character meal I've gone to that I can remember is at the Grand Floridian, this past September. It was just "OK". It had the characters from Cinderella there, but the kids in the restaurant really seemed to like it.

peaches magee
08-27-2008, 04:04 PM
Ohana is the BEST!!! Of course, I've never been there for the character meal. The only character meal I've gone to that I can remember is at the Grand Floridian, this past September. It was just "OK". It had the characters from Cinderella there, but the kids in the restaurant really seemed to like it.

I have been to Ohana for the dinner show on Christmas Eve a few years back and it was amazing! The whole atmosphere there is just beautiful and the food was great and the show I just loved.
So I am hoping the food at breakfast is just as good.

Beachgurl
08-27-2008, 04:11 PM
I have been to Ohana for the dinner show on Christmas Eve a few years back and it was amazing! The whole atmosphere there is just beautiful and the food was great and the show I just loved.
So I am hoping the food at breakfast is just as good.

Dude Ohana has a dinner show at Christmas!?

peaches magee
08-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Dude Ohana has a dinner show at Christmas!?

Yeah we went Christmas Eve and they had all the fire dancers from each part of the South Pacific and everything.
It was my brother-in-law's birthday and they brought all birthday folks on stage to hula dance.
And at one point all the children could come up and sing too. It was so great!
I was under the impression it was the usual dinner show, am I right?

Beachgurl
08-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Yeah we went Christmas Eve and they had all the fire dancers from each part of the South Pacific and everything.
It was my brother-in-law's birthday and they brought all birthday folks on stage to hula dance.
And at one point all the children could come up and sing too. It was so great!
I was under the impression it was the usual dinner show, am I right?

Oooooh you're talking about the Spirit of Aloha thingy! Ohana's upstairs inside the Great Ceremonial House. The only entertainment they have in Ohana is this old lady walking around with this tiny guitar-like thing singing Polynesian style songs and lei-ing people. lol When you said there was a show I was like, well hell I was there a week before Christmas and I didn't get crap! lol

peaches magee
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Oooooh you're talking about the Spirit of Aloha thingy! Ohana's upstairs inside the Great Ceremonial House. The only entertainment they have in Ohana is this old lady walking around with this tiny guitar-like thing singing Polynesian style songs and lei-ing people. lol When you said there was a show I was like, well hell I was there a week before Christmas and I didn't get crap! lol

Ohhhh yeah sorry I forgot they are separate. hehe
Hey, I didn't get leid at the dinner show though, no fair! :lol: