PDA

View Full Version : WDW Vacation Video

Disneyhead
08-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Ok, so here is my video of our 2006 WDW vacation video. It was Me and my 2 girls (tie-dyes), My best friend, his 2 kids, and his sister. There were no Moms so all the girls hair looks like..well like there were no Moms.
It was shot entirely by my friend. He is also a photog at the TV station where I work, and the only shot of him is from the TV going out the exit of Space Mt. And I edited it. I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82D4HjZZKHA

Sledge
08-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Great video! :rep:

My ears are bleeding from 5 minutes of Off Kilter though. :lol:

peaches magee
08-08-2008, 04:19 AM
GREAT vid! Loved the editting. You captured so much. Makes me wanna drive up there tomorrow! :thumbs: :rep:

Sal
08-08-2008, 04:23 AM
Great vid!!! You have great editing skills. Looks like you guys had a great time! :thumbs: :rep:

Disneyhead
08-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Thanks guys, I don't really want to bust on my buddies shooting skills, as its difficult to have a vacation, and shoot well at the same time. But I was really shocked at what he didn't shoot, like attraction signs and facades, and how shakey some of it was. I actually shot the HM and ToT stuff, while he took his little boy for a much needed nap. But for the most part he did OK. Especially since we had no tripod.
I am uploading my "Professional Demo Reel" now. I will link it in my introduction thread. That way you can see how I shoot.

Sal
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM
what editing software do you use? I use Premiere, After effects and avid. Its really depends on what im working on. I use After effects alot more for my 360 turn arounds for my 3D models and Premiere or Avid to edit my animations or logo's.

Disneyhead
08-11-2008, 12:27 AM
I am professionally an Avid editor. I used a Avid 8000 media composer for 7 years at a post house in Denver. But all I have on my system at home that I used for the WDW vid, is Xpress. I cut my demo reel at the TV station and they have the worst system, Pinnacle Vortex. I'm sure they call it Vortex because it will suck the life out of you. It will eat your sequence when you try and save it. That loads of fun when you are rushing to get something done and you try to save it to the server 5 mins to airtime. Poof, gone. Bleep, frinkin' bleeping son of a bleep. bleep bleep it.
Oh, and I used after effects in Denver, but I don't have it now. I do a little photoshoping, but really for my private stuff I'm just to lazy. I do this stuff at work, so its hard to get all stoked about doing it at home in my spare time.