PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Reopening Castle Walkthrough

DisneyFanKevin
07-19-2008, 05:27 PM
December 2008 - Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough - (7/18/08) Disneyland has officially announced that they will reopen the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough in time for the December holiday season. The new tour will offer a “reawakened” version of the classic attraction “kissed with vibrant scenes of Aurora, her charming prince, the evil Maleficent and other characters from the beloved fairy tale film.” As part of the announcement, Disney confirmed that this year’s new DVD release of Sleeping Beauty will also have “The Original Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through Attraction With Walt Disney Imagineering” as a bonus feature.
The new version of the attraction opening later this year will move away from the dioramas of the last version and return to the unique style of the 1957 version. “Enhanced with new scenes and special effects magic, the re-Imagineered attraction will employ technology not available in the 1950s to represent scenes from the story of Sleeping Beauty, including the magic of good fairies Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, and the more sinister spells of the evil Maleficent.” Also for the first time, guests who are unable to climb the many stairs of the castle will be able to “virtually” experience the new attraction in a special room on the ground floor of the Castle.

peaches magee
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I heard about the virtual stuff on the DVD and BluRay but not that they were re-opening it at the park. That is so great!

Sal
07-20-2008, 10:22 PM
that will be awesome!!

DisneyFanKevin
07-20-2008, 10:59 PM
OMG I know! As much as I love Sleeping Beauty, I can't even make it out to California. :(