PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Midway Mania

Pages : [1] 2

BriMan
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
Discuss the future Pixar attraction scheduled to open in the summer of 2008 at Hollywood Studios.

Sledge
01-23-2008, 10:31 AM
To be honest I really wasn't looking forward to this at all when it was announced. Now that it's closer I'm starting to get really excited for a new E-ticket attraction.

It seems that most people share the "Who cares? Another Toy Story shoot 'em ride." mentality, so I'm wondering if we're all just not aware of what all is involved. Surely Imagineers must know something we don't because as of right now not that many people are looking forward to it.

I'm wondering what capacity is going to be like. If it's only 4 people per car, 2 cars in an area at a time, and more than likely having to make stops in front of each video screen, it seems like capacity is going to be a nightmare. I'm interested in seeing how this works out.

Beachgurl
02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
I'm so sick of rides like this. We don't need anymore Buzz Lightyears or MIBs!

BriMan
02-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Don't get me wrong its a really neat idea. Its just that they already have a "Toy Story themed shoot 'em up" ride down the road. Too much Pixar. They either need to dedicate MGM..excuse me...Hollywood Studios as the "Pixar Land" or at Tomorrowland.

Beachgurl
02-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Don't get me wrong its a really neat idea. Its just that they already have a "Toy Story themed shoot 'em up" ride down the road. Too much Pixar. They either need to dedicate MGM..excuse me...Hollywood Studios as the "Pixar Land" or at Tomorrowland.

Seriously. All DHS is now is Pixar this and Pixar that. I'm not even that big a fan of any of the Pixar movies. Toy Story is the only one that'd I ever watch again. DHS is quickly becoming my least favorite of the WDW parks again.

FGCUSabre
02-06-2008, 01:07 AM
has there been any rumors when this may open...or even preview?

the website says summer of 2008...but normally stuff opens early...for previews and tweaks. im going mar 2-6 so i highly doubt it...but i can hope...lol.

i just also realized...is kinda sucks how its totally far away from toy story pizza.

heres their website for preview pictures
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index?name=ToyStoryManiaFlashPage&lid=TSMEnter_Link

Sledge
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
I haven't heard a soft opening date, or even a grand opening date, but as soon as I hear it you'll know.

I have a good feeling Pizza Planet will be re-themed in the next year. We're not supposed to know yet, but that entire area around Toy Story Mania will be PIXAR PLACE. The backlot should be gone and Pixar attractions will take over in the next few years. I expect Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset to be re-themed to... Bugs Life.

FGCUSabre
02-06-2008, 01:21 AM
no...i freakin love pizza planet. they have very good food. ill only be happy if they put a new pizza planet by TSM that looks more like the movies.

Thanks Sledge

BriMan
02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Pizza Planet is always a must when I visit DHS. I really hope that doesnt come to fruition.

d a n n y
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
I love Pizza Planet, don't they also have a hot italian sandwich or is that pizzafari?

Roll N Fear
02-06-2008, 03:59 PM
That would be pizzafari.

Sledge
02-10-2008, 07:04 AM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/4551/10disneylarge2tv8.jpg

"The classic toys in “Toy Story” had come to life and staged a carnival under their owner’s bed while he was away at dinner. Little Bo Peep would operate the balloon darts; Ham, the talking piggy bank, would cheer riders as they tossed virtual eggs at barn animals. The culmination would be “Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Gallery,” a twist on old-fashioned shooting galleries."
______
Here's the first look at the Mr. Potato Head that is supposed to be an interactive barker.

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4884/10disneyxlarge1bc6.jpg

He cost $1,000,000 to build and he will be able to take off his own ear. He will be able to interact personally with the crowd. He won't talk in the Crush/Turtle Talk sense, but the operator will be able to choose from 750 words, and put them together to create phrases (“Hey, you in the red baseball hat.” was an example), and four songs recorded by Don Rickles.
______
Some fun facts about the ride...

- 56 "giant screens"
- Ride can/will have update video and holiday layovers
- 1,500 riders an hour (same as RnRC. Ick! :bang:)
- Made up of 150 computers, with 90 of them moving around on the ride vehicles and communicating with one another via a secured wireless network.
- You'll feel blast of air when balloons pop
- Originally no Buzz Lightyear for obvious reasons, but he's been added.

kirby_is_kyaan
02-10-2008, 10:37 AM
This is sweet! ONE MILLION DOLLARS?! Mr. Potato Head looks like he's going to be part of the next generation of animatronics. I really wish that they would move the opening earlier for when I am going, but it's not going to happen.

FGCUSabre
02-10-2008, 11:17 AM
thanks for that cool update jason! I have been under the weather the past few days and the first 2 post i look at have been great!!!!

i hope this is opened before june 1 when my season pass goes on blackout dates!!!! ughhh

kirby_is_kyaan
02-10-2008, 12:37 PM
There's a New York Times article with the update information, plus a bunch more, like a video:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/10/business/media/10ride.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin

Beachgurl
02-10-2008, 02:24 PM
OK so maybe I'm a LITTLE excited about this opening up.

RocknGuitar
02-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Wow the Mr. Potato Head animatronic looks sweet! I, like BeachGurl, am actually excited for this now instead of just annoyed.

peaches magee
02-10-2008, 09:39 PM
I love Pizza Planet, don't they also have a hot italian sandwich or is that pizzafari?

That hot italian sandwich is freggin delicious!

FGCUSabre
02-10-2008, 10:29 PM
i have been also iffy...more positive on it that others...but wondering how it could be fun. i think some of the new pictures and stories really makes it sound more interesting. yes it is a kiddish idea...but they are doing it in a creative way it looks.

Beachgurl
02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
i have been also iffy...more positive on it that others...but wondering how it could be fun. i think some of the new pictures and stories really makes it sound more interesting. yes it is a kiddish idea...but they are doing it in a creative way it looks.

I haven't been excited for this ride at all because we already have a Buzz and MIB so this just seemed like a waste of space to me. The Mr.Potato Head animatronic looks like it might be pretty cool though.

kristilovesdw
02-10-2008, 10:46 PM
Wow that was alot of information in that article! How exciting :clap:

ralphoutloud
02-10-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm beginning to feel a little excitement for this ride as well. =)

Sledge
02-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Add me to the list of those that weren't excited, but now are. This can't come soon enough. TSM and The Simpsons both this Spring? Lucky us.

EDIT: It may soft open on April 25th. Hmm... Stay tuned.

Beachgurl
02-11-2008, 09:54 AM
I hope they do a special passholder preview! Makes me feel somewhat VIP. lol

RocknGuitar
02-11-2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, I love ap previews! I did it for the Winnie the Pooh ride. (my sister)

I hope the soft opening date is the same for both DCA and DHS.

Beachgurl
02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
yeah, I love ap previews! I did it for the Winnie the Pooh ride. (my sister)

I hope the soft opening date is the same for both DCA and DHS.

I've only ever done it for The Seas with Nemo and Friends. It was awesome because they had the entrance all blocked off and they were checking passes and people were like standing around wanting to get in and couldn't. lol

FGCUSabre
02-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Add me to the list of those that weren't excited, but now are. This can't come soon enough. TSM and The Simpsons both this Spring? Lucky us.

EDIT: It may soft open on April 25th. Hmm... Stay tuned.

well that would be a nice b-day present...mines on 4/26

however i need to be at my girlfriends graduation...so i wouldnt be able to go then - grrrr

tiredoldspook
02-19-2008, 02:50 PM
I think it is going to be another great family ride. The ability to see the weeks, day and months high score will be very neat.
I promise big lines for this ride, good location and it is a good fit for the park.

JEANYLASER
02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
that will be awesome ride just like Buzz lightyear Space Ranger Spin!

Sledge
03-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Disney released this up on their press site.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3466/tsm1xh0.jpg

chunkymonkey
03-07-2008, 08:23 AM

This pic is the first one to make this ride seem interesting. I don’t like the movie but maybe I will enjoy the ride. However, I love Lilo and Stich the movie and I despise their ride…

kristilovesdw
03-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Very cool picture! But is it just me or does Woody look a little :look: ummm scary....

Roll N Fear
03-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Very cool picture! But is it just me or does Woody look a little :look: ummm scary....

:lol: Maybe we should be shooting darts at him?

tiredoldspook
03-07-2008, 01:40 PM
I am so excited, sadly won't be going till October..This should draw some crowds from ToT and RnRc

Beachgurl
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM

He's definitely a lurk. That's for sure.

FGCUSabre
03-07-2008, 05:51 PM
that picture is great. thanks for sharing.

I wonder if when you shoot - if you can actually see the "darts" move from the gun and hit the target? you are wearing the 3d glasses and it could make sense...i just have not seen it done before.

Sledge
03-07-2008, 06:43 PM
that picture is great. thanks for sharing.

I wonder if when you shoot - if you can actually see the "darts" move from the gun and hit the target? you are wearing the 3d glasses and it could make sense...i just have not seen it done before.
That's exactly how it will be. It will look as if it is flying out of your gun and away from you towards the screen.

RocknGuitar
03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
this actually sounds very cool. The theme didn't sound real applealing to me at first, but this technology sounds amazing, and I'm really looking forward to it.

kristilovesdw
03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I found a new promotional clip for TSM on Screamscape, most of the clips we have already seen but there are a couple more with the Imagineers doing testing that I haven't seen before. Thought I'd share!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22806809#23244784

or

http://www.screamscape.com

Sledge
03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for posting.

"Open this Summer"? Wha?

peaches magee
03-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Great find Kristi!
The pully thing still seems a bit odd to me.
I see loads of hand sanitizer needed after that ride.

kristilovesdw
03-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Great find Kristi!
The pully thing still seems a bit odd to me.
I see loads of hand sanitizer needed after that ride.

I agree, and also the pully thing doesn't seem as easy to shoot a target at as Buzz's lazer thingy (haha sorry i don't know the terminology, thingy seems to be the best word). It looks to be the same pully thing used in the Pirates of the Caribbean game at Disney Quest or atleast the same concept.

DisneyFanKevin
03-13-2008, 12:08 AM
It looks amazing! Thanks for posting!

kristilovesdw
03-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Ok so I promise I'm not obsessed with this attraction :look:

Haha anywho looks like DCA's will be opening soon and found this picture of Mr. Potato Head on laughingplace. Hopefully ours will be opening soon!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/mrpothead.jpg

http://www.laughingplace.com/LIVE-VIEW-4371.ASP

Roll N Fear
03-14-2008, 05:01 PM
Are those his arms? They look a little out of proportion.

biomegaceu
03-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I think this ride looks interesting, but I dont know. I suck at these rides.

kristilovesdw
03-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Are those his arms? They look a little out of proportion.

I thought so too, looks kinda weird. I'm assuming his arms will have alot of movement :shrug:

RocknGuitar
03-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Maybe his arms aren't attatched yet. They also have pictures of DCA's TSM! It looks great!
http://www.laughingplace.com/showpic.asp?filename=http://laughingplace.com/files/live/big/0004374-922955.jpg&caption=A+sneak+peek+at+Toy+Story+Mania+at+DCA

FGCUSabre
03-16-2008, 01:59 PM
aww...i was hoping ours would open first :( DCA looks pretty good so far. cant wait to see ours.

The Patchman
03-19-2008, 12:36 PM
http://themeparks.about.com/od/disneyridereviews/a/TSMplaytest.htm

Ok, I was wrong. This attractions going to kick arse.

Beachgurl
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Ugh. Fiiiiiiine. I'm excited now.

It actually sounds like fun from what I read in the review.

FGCUSabre
03-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Yea...so am I. The new rumors are saying ours will open first in the end of May with DCA coming later in the summer.

I really hope we get ours first!!!! (Maybe by May 17th weekend!!!)

The Patchman
03-20-2008, 08:30 AM
I am probably guessing DCA's will open first. Just a shot in the dark there.

FGCUSabre
03-20-2008, 08:42 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/03/toy-story-man-1.html

This just in from our friends at Walt Disney World. The opening date for the upcoming attraction Toy Story Mania has been more defined a bit. Instead of "Summer 2008," as previously advertised, the new interactive, shoot-em-up ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios, is now set for a "late May" opening.

The version at Disney's California Adventure will open in late June, they say.

kristilovesdw
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
New Toy Story Mania Press Release

Nothing we didn't already know, just some more detailed information.

TOY STORY’ CHARACTERS CHALLENGE GUESTS TO RIDE AND PLAY TOY STORY MANIA!
Disney Parks guests will don 3-D glasses and enter a wild and wooly 4-D world of Woody the Cowboy and Buzz Lightyear when Toy Story Mania! premieres this summer. The attraction will debut on both coasts: at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, and along the Paradise Pier midway in Disney’s California Adventure at Disneyland Resort in California.

Celebrating the Disney•Pixar classics “Toy Story” and “Toy Story II,” Toy Story Mania! raises the bar for interactive ride-game attractions. It’s a high energy, immersive adventure that makes guests a key part of the action as their game play triggers special effects that provide a fourth dimension of fun. “Toy Story Mania!” engages guests in a whole new way with the delightful characters of the films.

Upon entering the attraction, guests will be welcomed by Mr. Potato Head, more than five feet tall and looking like he stepped right down from the movie screen. The state-of-the-art Audio-Animatronics Mr. Potato Head makes a perfect carnival barker for the immersive Toy Story Mania! experience, since he is the first attraction-based Audio-Animatronics figure who can engage guests in a two-way conversation.

Everyone gets a front row seat when guests put on their 3-D glasses, “shrink” to the size of a toy, and board the Toy Story Mania! carnival tram ride vehicles, whose fast travel and spinning add a huge amount of fun to the interactive experience. The exciting and colorful route takes guests through “Andy’s Bedroom” filled with oversized murals and toys. The vehicles spin to face Toy Story Mania! game booths – high-tech yet rooted in classic midway games of skill – and guests aim for 3-D animated targets using their own on-board “spring-action shooters.” Players pair up and sit side-by-side for a friendly competition that delivers an ever-changing variety of targets and surprises.

As they play, guests can actually see the “virtual” objects they’ve launched leave their “spring-action shooters” and hit the targets (or not). And thanks to 4-D special effects technology, they may sense objects whirring past them as they pop out of the 3-D scenes.

The Toy Story Mania! games – five of them, plus an introductory practice round – are designed to be enjoyed by audiences of all ages and skills, from beginners to serious gamers. Play is energized by the spirit of the “Toy Story” characters cast in games that best suit their very animated personalities.

First comes the “Pie Throw Practice” round in which guests can try splattering targets with “virtual” pies.

Next Hamm the pig hosts a “Hamm & Eggs” booth in which players launch “plastic virtual eggs” at various barnyard targets.

“Bo Peep’s Baaa-loon Pop” presents a landscape full of balloon sheep, trees and other objects at which guests can launch virtual darts. But players had better be careful! A popped virtual water balloon might add an additional 4-D wet dimension to the game.

From there it’s on to “Green Army Men Shoot Camp” where the challenge is to break plates with baseballs.
Next up is “Buzz Lightyear’s Flying Tossers,” a ring-toss game hosted by everyone’s favorite space ranger, with Little Green Aliens as the targets.

For the grand finale game, Toy Story Mania! players will ride through Wild West scenes launching virtual suction-cup darts at targets in “Woody’s Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootin’ Gallery.” A final “Woody’s Bonus Roundup” encourages guests to fire their “spring-action shooters” as rapidly as possible at one last super-target for extra points. When scores are tallied, players’ skill levels are identified with the reward of an onscreen “virtual plush.”

The game play of Toy Story Mania! is accompanied by ingenious musical variations of Randy Newman’s “You’ve Got A Friend in Me,” arranged by veteran music editor Bruno Coon, a frequent Newman collaborator, to compliment the games – for example, a military brass band version for “Green Army Man Shoot Camp.” No matter how many times guests return to ride and play, they can be sure every ride-through will be different.

Sledge
03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Beat me to it. I really like the virtual plush thing. :lol:

kristilovesdw
03-25-2008, 05:30 PM
Beat me to it. I really like the virtual plush thing. :lol:

Haha yeah atleast we get some type of reward! I'm curious to see the themeing...shrunk to the size of a toy. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a picture awhile back with HUGE toy blocks in the backgroung. Anywho I have had the blueprint/layout of the ride on my computer for awhile thought I'd post.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/toystorymania.jpg

Beachgurl
03-25-2008, 07:09 PM
Taken yesterday...not a whole heck of a lot goin' on in there right now.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/194/p3240054za0.jpg

kristilovesdw
03-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Taken yesterday...not a whole heck of a lot goin' on in there right now.

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/194/p3240054za0.jpg

Thanks for the picture! I'm sooo curious about what they could possibly be doing with that side of Pixar Land! I saw a picture the other day of the front entrance into the land and it looked like that added lots of trees and stuff...like maybe they're hiding something! Maybe they already have the sign or something up and are blocking the view...hmmm

RocknGuitar
03-28-2008, 11:04 PM
wow, you guys are getting an entire land! I would show you the progress of our TSM, but the pics are on my brother's laptop. We have a sign up, and a sign that says "Midway Mercantile" which is probably the obligatory Disney after-ride giftshop. :lol:

peaches magee
03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
wow, you guys are getting an entire land! I would show you the progress of our TSM, but the pics are on my brother's laptop. We have a sign up, and a sign that says "Midway Mercantile" which is probably the obligatory Disney after-ride giftshop. :lol:

Do you have passes to Disneyland? If so man you need to start being our photo guy out there, I wanna see more of the West Coast magic.
I feel like I know nothing about those parks and it saddens me.

RocknGuitar
03-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah, I'm a deluxe annual pass holder for Disney and permium for Universal. I have tons of pictures from my latest visit in a slideshow/video, check it out! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDGEDAPaNn4) And my Universal video I just posted: here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=C26crw8wtLg&feature=user)

peaches magee
03-28-2008, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I'm a deluxe annual pass holder for Disney and permium for Universal. I have tons of pictures from my latest visit in a slideshow/video, check it out! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=TDGEDAPaNn4) And my Universal video I just posted: here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=C26crw8wtLg&feature=user)

Aw great pics and video! :rep:
Makes me want to be there! Someday... for sure :thumbs:

Beachgurl
03-29-2008, 12:05 AM
I'm jealous. I want to go to Disneyland sooooo bad!

RocknGuitar
03-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys, and Beachgurl, trust me, you have no idea how much I feel the same way about Orlando! :lol:

kristilovesdw
03-29-2008, 12:25 PM
NOTE: This is from Disneyland (not WDW) from laughingplace.com very cool video though!!

A preview of Toy Story Mania, a new attraction coming this summer to Disney's California Adventure and Disney's Hollywood Studios. It features a presentation by Imagineer Chrissie Allen at the California Adventure version of the attraction

http://www.laughingplace.com/Lotion-View-590.asp

RocknGuitar
03-29-2008, 03:09 PM
oh, thanks soo much, kristi! :rep: That's awesome that the ride is already able to function!

(The backstory is pretty cool, too.)

FGCUSabre
03-29-2008, 05:41 PM
oh, thanks soo much, kristi! :rep: That's awesome that the ride is already able to function!

(The backstory is pretty cool, too.)

Rock - this ride is still maybe a ood month or two away.

I wonder if right after Simpsons opens, if Disney will set a date when they will open TSM. Maybe they will try to soften the thunder if both parks are getting a new ride. :)

Sledge
03-29-2008, 09:20 PM
I want to know who the idiots were that were invited to the presentation. Someone asks something about if we'll shoot real eggs, softballs, rings, etc. :lol:

Part of the story didn't really make sense to me... Andy receives a "Toy Story Carnival playset"? So he knows what "Toy Story" is? Does he realize it is a movie about HIS toys? :lol: Seems like it would have been better if it was just a generic Carnival playset that the Toy Story gang took over.

RocknGuitar
03-29-2008, 10:00 PM
^oh yeah, I guess that doesn't really make sense that it's a "Toy Story" playset. :lol:

The Patchman
03-30-2008, 03:56 PM
2 questions from me:

1. I agree with the question asked, why is it called the Toy Story play set? how do people know the movie or something?

2. How are we shrunk down to toy size?

kirby_is_kyaan
03-30-2008, 04:06 PM
They'll just use some spare "bug eyes" from It's Tough to be a Bug or something-according to the story for that, they shrink you down or at least let you see stuff the same way a bug does. :lol:

d a n n y
03-30-2008, 04:44 PM
The shrinking is becoming like the video screens, being over-used. Tough to be a Bug, this, and there is a rumored Tinker Bell meet-n-greet where they shrink you.

kristilovesdw
03-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Yeah there seems to be a lot of holes in the plot/story of the ride... it sounds and looks cool nonetheless. In the last picture of the link I posted from laughingplace.com you can see one of the scenes (where you enter through the box) where everything is big so I'm guessing there's no process to shrink you to their size since that's the first scene :shrug:

DisneyFanKevin
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
I am totally excited for TSM.. I hope it's better than MIB!

d a n n y
03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
I am totally excited for TSM.. I hope it's better than MIB!

I would't get your hopes up;)

FGCUSabre
03-30-2008, 11:12 PM
The backstory: Andy (the character from ''Toy Story'' whose toys come to life) gets a carnival playset for his birthday. While he's out to dinner, his toys -- familiar to kids from the ''Toy Story'' movies -- come to life and set up the midway. (A 5-foot-tall Audio-Animatronics Mr. Potato Head is the carnival barker encouraging us to come play the games. The kids will love that he tells jokes and can interact with them. It really is pretty amazing.)

Donning 3-D glasses and taking our seats in the carnival tram, we are ''shrunk'' to the size of a toy, as the vehicle begins to spin us around as we play the games, aiming for the 3-D animated targets using ''spring-action'' shooters. We hit water balloons and plates, put rings around aliens, toss pies and get hit by water. Even a 2-year-old can play. (There is no height requirement and this attraction shouldn't scare anyone. It's too much fun!)

Each time you play, the experience is different. There are ''surprises'' in each of the scenes.

The idea was such a winner, Rafferty said, that it was green-lighted in record time, about six weeks. That was more than three years ago. Some projects take a lot longer. Remind the kids next time someone knocks down one of their ideas that the Disney Imagineers come up with thousands of ideas for every one that works.

Note - It does not say "Toy Story Carnival" - so maybe there are just misconceptions over the plot. If Andy just got a play set - the storyline makes sense.

Also - several people from the press have been choosen to ride this. People from both the LA Times, themeparks.about.com, the Orlando Sentinal - all say they have taken part in test for this ride and love it. So I am really banking on the facts that other than doubters...so far reports have been positive coming back.

RocknGuitar
03-30-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah, this ride looks like it will be very cool. In the video that Kristi gave a link to, where they described the ride, the idea of showing how you did compared to all of the people who had ridden the ride sounds cool. And the real-time animation sounds cool, too. The whole experience just sounds really awesome. I will definitely try to get over there if they have an AP preview.

Sal
03-31-2008, 03:38 AM
yeah its the same thing as MIB and Buzz light years, I want something better!

peaches magee
03-31-2008, 03:48 AM
yeah its the same thing as MIB and Buzz light years, I want something better!

No it isnt. There is 3D involved. I am actually really looking forward to it. :thumbs:

Sal
03-31-2008, 03:54 AM
yeah there's 3D in it but your still shooting at things in a cart.

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but its real time animation, so it looks like you are actually shooting darts, or rings at targets, and the things you shoot interact with the enviornment, like bouncing, etc. And if you dart hits a water or air baloon, you either get a spray of water or air, so they have their own little touch of Shrek 4-D in there. :P

FGCUSabre
03-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Yea - exactly. It says it is kinda like when kids play with a virtual nerf gun. You still have the fun of shooting a target...but its a renewable resource!

I am really excited to see how well the technology works.

Have there been any 3-d arcade games or anything else that matches this type of scenario yet? How did they perform?

Sal
03-31-2008, 02:05 PM
well yeah in the army they have this, I have a fellow animator buddy who builds them in NC that works for them.

kristilovesdw
03-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Not sure how accurate this is and I'm sure it's subject to change...

from wdwmagic:

Toy Story Mania is hopefully going to have its grand opening at DHS May 20th.
Cast previews are April 25th - 27th and May 2nd-4th!
Annual Pass holder sneak previews are May 10th-12th

d a n n y
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
Thanks :rep:! Seems a little odd because they've been saying summer for awhile now.

peaches magee
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Grrr... my luck it will be in June when my season pass is in blackout :mad:

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 07:48 PM
wow, why is everything so early for you guys? Ours is supposed to open in June, but the AP previews I'm guessing will be in May, or even April, if the opening date changes.

kristilovesdw
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
wow, why is everything so early for you guys? Ours is supposed to open in June, but the AP previews I'm guessing will be in May, or even April, if the opening date changes.

I was wondering the same thing, I mean you guys are getting all the press and from what I remember it originated in Disneyland and was decided to be added to WDW in Pixarland. From the video I posted earlier yours seem to be done :shrug:

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 08:12 PM
it does, doesn't it? Just a few tweaks to Mr. Potato Head, and some more detail on the inside, and it's done, but they claim it's opening in two months?

FGCUSabre
03-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Not sure how accurate this is and I'm sure it's subject to change...

from wdwmagic:

Toy Story Mania is hopefully going to have its grand opening at DHS May 20th.
Cast previews are April 25th - 27th and May 2nd-4th!
Annual Pass holder sneak previews are May 10th-12th

OMG - this better be open on the 18th or 19th...cause i will be there then!!!! :)

why does it not have any dates from the 13-20th? is that soft preview time?

thanks for the news!

sorry cali - i know we stole your idea...they really should open both on the same date...but as long as ours is early...im not gonna start a fuss... ;-)

peaches magee
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Sounds like they are kinda at the same stages, so maybe they will open on the same day. That would be pretty nifty.

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
OMG - this better be open on the 18th or 19th...cause i will be there then!!!! :)

why does it not have any dates from the 13-20th? is that soft preview time?

thanks for the news!

sorry cali - i know we stole your idea...they really should open both on the same date...but as long as ours is early...im not gonna start a fuss... ;-)

You did steal our idea! Then again, we stole most of your rides..

d a n n y
03-31-2008, 09:20 PM
You did steal our idea! Then again, we stole most of your rides..

coughcough, bttf, cough :puke:

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 09:23 PM
really? I thought that BTTF was kind of like Simpsons, meaning they thought of the idea, then instantly decided to put it in both parks.

d a n n y
03-31-2008, 09:29 PM
really? I thought that BTTF was kind of like Simpsons, meaning they thought of the idea, then instantly decided to put it in both parks.

If I remember correctly, yours opened 93, I know ours was 91.

RocknGuitar
03-31-2008, 09:32 PM
oh, I wasn't even born yet when it first opened, so I wouldn't know. :lol:

kristilovesdw
04-01-2008, 08:09 PM
The TSM website has been updated, lots of new stuff added.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index?name=ToyStoryManiaFlashPage

FGCUSabre
04-01-2008, 08:59 PM
cool...they added a screen saver and a few other small things. i am downloading it as i type!

plus now woody says late may for dhs and june for dca!

the one gift tag says a game is coming soon!

DisneyFanKevin
04-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I am definitely getting pumped for TSM! So I guess around May 24-31 we'll see it open. The only problem I see with a late May opening is it could open around Memorial Day weekend which will cause it to have long... and i mean LONG wait times.

FGCUSabre
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
that screensaver is so dumb. all it does...is open up an internet window to their website. ugg...

kristilovesdw
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Video of Mr. Potato Head in action at DCA! I'm getting really excited about this attraction!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO119YsCZDQ

peaches magee
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Great find!! :rep:
Tough crowd. It was like pulling teeth to get those people to respond.

And it is getting exciting to see it coming together... but do his arms look super strange to anyone else?? :look:

FGCUSabre
04-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I think the video is great. Ours HAS to be close to opening soon. I do not see why a 3 min video of this was made in DCA and not here? Maybe because DCA is under a tent structure?

RocknGuitar
04-04-2008, 01:38 AM
Sabre: DCA's is only surrounded by a wall, like Simpsons. They just took out a part of the wall to show him. With your, isn't the ride a ways back in pixarland?

Anyways, that animatronic is amazing! I cannot wait for this to open. I love how he takes off his ear, very cool. It will be entertaining in the line, that's for sure.

kristilovesdw
04-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Sabre: With your, isn't the ride a ways back in pixarland?

Yeah ours is back in Pixar Place, with walls and no way to see anything, and our AA Mr. Potato Head is inside the building so there's no way to see him.

RocknGuitar
04-04-2008, 06:38 PM
how do you guys even know what yours looks like? How do you know it's inside?

kristilovesdw
04-04-2008, 08:33 PM
how do you guys even know what yours looks like? How do you know it's inside?

Well for one the building is huge and I've only heard the AA is in queue inside the building, not sure that's accurate, but honestly I don't know where else it would go but inside. Plus ours is modeled after the Pixar Studios:
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/DSC_0113.jpg
that's all we really know about WDW's TSM.

RocknGuitar
04-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Ha, they still have it all hidden from you guys, our is a huge building in broad daylight, and your opens a month before ours... :shrug:

Sledge
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
She's right about it being inside the queue. I can confirm that 100%. I'm glad, too. That way we'll have some entertainment while waiting in those ridiculous, worse than Aerosmith long, lines.

RocknGuitar
04-04-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah, I hear ya. Ours looks like it won't be much of an exciting quene except for Potato Head. What I've seen of it, it just meanders around the edge of the little "pavilion" area, then it goes through the area where the Paradise Pier Games of the Boardwalk used to be. (The whole station building and area is in a open-air pavilion type structure, making it more like a boardwalk dark ride.)

kristilovesdw
04-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Ok finally some pics and info concerning the WDW TSM from wdwmagic:

http://wdwmagic.com/toystorymania.htm

RocknGuitar
04-05-2008, 11:56 AM
so your TSM is going to be themed to a "Pixar set?" :shrug:

kristilovesdw
04-05-2008, 02:36 PM
so your TSM is going to be themed to a "Pixar set?" :shrug:

WDW's TSM has the same concept as DCA's as far as the set being in Andy's room. The areas/buildings are the difference, WDW's theme is Pixar Studios (Pixar Place will be themed to the actual Pixar Studios) and DCA's is themed to a Boardwalk.

The Patchman
04-05-2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO119YsCZDQ

I am very very impressed! The potato is flawless and looks seemless and real. I love that hot potato song :lol:

I still do not get the story too well, how are you shrunk down to the size of a toy? Please just come up with something like Wanye from Honey I Shrunk the Kids shrinks you in Andy's room, cause he is dating Andy's mom and brought the shrinking machine to show off.

Just kidding :lol:

I do not really care anymore. I have taken second thoughts about Pixar Place and I think it is a great idea. As long as they add more to the land over the years, I am down. Maybe a Wall-E ride would be cool, if the movie is successful.

FGCUSabre
04-08-2008, 09:05 PM
Ricky Brigante of Orlando Attractions magazine and the "Inside the Magic podcast" has given the tentative opening dates for Toy Story Mania! at DHS. These should be considered rumored dates until Disney officially announces them, but they jibe with what little information Disney has released so far.

Soft opening: April 25
Cast previews: April 26-27
Promotional filming: April 29-30
Cast previews: May 2-4
Media preview: May 9
AP previews: May 10-12
Press event: May 16
Grand opening: May 20

I am not sure any more what this means...I am hoping to ride it on the 18th...

PS - Passholder Previews for Toy Story Mania in Disney's Hollywood Studios on Saturday, May 10 through Monday, May 12 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. To be admitted to the sneak preview, just present your valid Walt Disney World Annual Pass and photo ID at the attraction's entrance.

peaches magee
04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Interesting! I wanna try and go for the passholder opening.
Geez I am gonna be up in the world A LOT before it blacks out it seems! :lol:

FGCUSabre
04-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Well - So do I! lol. I just hope that in between the days...they have soft openings too. Maybe as it gets closer we will find out more.

Sledge
04-09-2008, 03:40 AM
Be among the first to experience Toy Story Mania!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios™

http://images.bfi0.com/creative/2008/disney/toy/images/C7998796_PHRevised1_GT_09.jpg (http://vacation.disneyworld.com/W0RH01FBEC0D0BABF31C835203C5E0)

Saturday, May 10 through Monday, May 12
9 am to 7 pm
Because you’re a valued Passholder, you’re invited to step right up and compete in an interactive “Toy Story” adventure like no other. It’s Toy Story Mania!—a brand-new attraction inspired by Disney•Pixar’s “Toy Story” films—and you’ll experience it before the general public does after it opens in late May.

It’s never the same experience twice!
Grab some 3-D glasses before boarding your ride vehicle and zipping off into a world of immersive, midway-style games hosted by favorite characters like Woody, Buzz, Rex and Hamm.

Use your spring-action shooter to launch virtual darts at balloons, rings at aliens, eggs at barnyard targets and beyond. Some targets even trigger fun surprises. From expert to beginner, everyone’s a winner!

To be admitted to the sneak preview, please present your valid
Walt Disney World Annual Pass and photo ID.

Visit disneyworld.com/passholder (http://vacation.disneyworld.com/W0RH01FBEC7D3BABF31C835203C5E0) for up-to-date information,
and check out toystorymania.com (http://vacation.disneyworld.com/W0RH01FBEC8D2BABF31C835203C5E0), the fun-filled Toy Story Mania! website (http://vacation.disneyworld.com/W0RH01FBEC6DDBABF31C835203C5E0).

Dates and availability subject to change without notice. Thank you in advance for your patience should this attraction experience any downtimes during this preview period.

Beachgurl
04-09-2008, 09:30 AM
I can't wait! I'll definitely be there for AP previews on the 10th. But since soft openings start on April 25, I hope to ride it sooner. I'll still do the AP thing though because I like feeling kind of VIP. lol

Sledge
04-09-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm so sick of rides like this. We don't need anymore Buzz Lightyears or MIBs!

Soooo...

:rotfl:

Beachgurl
04-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Soooo...

:rotfl:

Hey now. That was before I knew what else the ride involved. lol

d a n n y
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't know why but I lost interest in this so fast. I'll probably be hyped when the Simpsons is finally open because that has all my interest now, along with Manta.

peaches magee
04-09-2008, 03:36 PM
I am more excited for TSM. Waaaay bigger Toy Story fan than I am a Simpsons fan.
And also, I know I will mostly likely see TSM sooner.
I don't get to UO often, probably not til HHN, maybe.

Beachgurl
04-09-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm looking way more forward to TSM because it just sounds more fun than the Simpsons.

A) From what I've read and heard, its the same thing it was before, just rethemed.

B) I hate the Simpsons as you all know.

I like simulators when I was a little kid and all, but not they just seem boring and lame...God I hate Star Tours.

d a n n y
04-09-2008, 04:12 PM
I too like Toy Story but misperceived it from the beginning. I thought it was like a spiderman, but then found out it was a shooter and thought "another TS shooter", I'm not sure how the 3-D will be. It seems like a moving version of "Carnival Games" for Wii. Also, I used to watch Simpsons religiously an always wished for a ride. I haven't been watching anything but the new episodes or like a year but now I watch them every night.

FGCUSabre
04-09-2008, 09:29 PM
I am more excited for TSM. Waaaay bigger Toy Story fan than I am a Simpsons fan.
And also, I know I will mostly likely see TSM sooner.
I don't get to UO often, probably not til HHN, maybe.

I AGREE 250%!!!!

I PRAY I can ride this on the 18th...if not....I might be staying in orlando a little bit late on the 20th!!!!

RocknGuitar
04-09-2008, 11:41 PM
agghh! You guys are so lucky! It's not fair, we came up with the idea first! :P

peaches magee
04-09-2008, 11:45 PM
agghh! You guys are so lucky! It's not fair, we came up with the idea first! :P

Ah don't be sore.
I am pretty sure ALL the ideas come from your side of the land. :)

The_Bled
04-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I dont even enjoy disney as much as I do universal but I like how this is coming along! :)

DisneyFanKevin
04-13-2008, 11:30 AM
CM previews happen soon so I will definitely write a review and post it here!

tiredoldspook
04-13-2008, 01:21 PM
DisneyBoi lets not have the same thing happen if Tim Allen shows up as we did with The Rock. I am sure he still has the retraining order.

The_Bled
04-13-2008, 07:59 PM
CM previews happen soon so I will definitely write a review and post it here!

CM?

Sledge
04-13-2008, 08:06 PM
CM = Cast Members

snoman
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
oops, I'm lazy and didn't see the info for the passholder preview was already up! I'm going to try to hit the studios one of those days, it will be great to be able to ride without fighting a huge crowd

kristilovesdw
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog/?p=349

Saw this thought it was cute, haha wish I was press

G-EAR-ing up for Toy Story Mania’s Launch

The Walt Disney Company has a long history of sending interesting and collectible swag to the press to boost their excitement for attractions opening soon. The newest attraction headed for both Walt Disney World here in Orlando as well as the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Ca. is Toy Story Mania, scheduled to officially open this Summer (and possibly unofficially open within the next couple of weeks).

This attraction blends “4D” technology (3D screens/glasses + practical effects, like water squirting riders) with an interactive carnival-themed shooting element, similar to Disney’s own Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin at the Magic Kingdom, only taken to the next level. The new attraction will feature not only Buzz Lightyear, but a host of other characters familiar to any fan of the Disney/Pixar films Toy Story and Toy Story 2.

Today, we received this fun and inventive box, not as an invitation to a press event, but simply as a reminder (to us and everyone reading this) that Toy Story Mania is on its way soon

The_Bled
04-15-2008, 07:24 PM
If you havent already seen the screamscape page for hollywood studios there is a video if you scroll down enough abot TSM.
http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_hollywood_studios.htm

Sledge
04-17-2008, 09:31 PM
Give me 20 minutes and I'll have some revealing "behind the wall" pictures. Looks pretty close to done and the ride description sign and wait time looks to be in place.

Sledge
04-17-2008, 10:17 PM
They are now posted. :)

kristilovesdw
04-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Thanks, awesome pictures! The wall should be coming down shortly, then again they'll probably keep it up til last mintue previews.

biomegaceu
04-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Very awsome pics. I couldn't wait to see some more stuff on this ride. I'm actually kind of excited about it.

Sledge
04-18-2008, 09:46 PM
I've heard that the PIXAR letters have gone up on the arch. I can't confirm that though. I'm going to try and head over there this weekend and see what's going on.

kristilovesdw
04-18-2008, 10:08 PM
You're right Jason, the PIXAR letters are up with a picture from wdwmagic:

18 April 2008: PIXAR sign installed at the entry to Pixar Place

The new sign has today been installed over the main entry to the newly created Pixar Place. While they are still under wraps, you can clearly see the letters.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/tsm.jpg

Sledge
04-18-2008, 11:49 PM
Awesome. That was probably what they were working on in my pictures. I really want to head over there tomorrow and snap some pictures.

Sledge
04-19-2008, 07:04 PM
More pictures have been added from behind the wall, as well as the PIXAR sign. Looks like they are getting close.

http://orlandounited.com/news/toystorymania.html

kristilovesdw
04-21-2008, 11:16 AM
A member from wdwmagic has gotten a couple good shots behind the wall of TSM. You can see a little bit more of the front of the entrance to the attraction.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=2852801#post2852801

FGCUSabre
04-21-2008, 12:19 PM
ah...thanks for the TSM pictures!!! Their walls are not nearly as much fun as the Simpsons. I actually prefer them putting more details in the ride than temp. walls. lol...

FGCUSabre
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Well just read on ScreamScape you were posted up there back on 4/18 - for your pictures! Congrats.

This was also some cool tidbits!

Meanwhile we’ve also heard that CM preview rides may be planned for the weekend of April 26-27th. Meanwhile the Annual Passholder site is apparently giving off the dates of May 10-12th for the Passholder Sneak Peek, taking place each day from 9am to 7pm. Also, according to this posting on Craig’s List, they will be shooting footage of people riding the ride on April 30th, so they looking for extras to take a few rides.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/tlg/647309420.html

Beachgurl
04-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Cool! I just sent them an email. :)
Thanks for the link James!

FGCUSabre
04-21-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/17/disneypixar-is-sending-out-body-parts-in-boxes/

Newspaper reporter Chris Arnold received a package from Disney, inside he found a couple body parts… two ears. Not long after, Arnold received another package with another body part, this time an entire arm, in another package addressed from Disney.

Hast Disney gone insane? Nope, it’s just part of promotion for Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story Mania! interactive attraction at Disney Theme Parks. The first package contained a pair of Mr. Potato Head’s ears, and read: ‘Heard the News?’. The second package contained Mr. Potato head’s white right arm, and read: “I’d give my right arm for an attraction this fun!” I wonder what the next body part might be? Great marketing by Disney but kinda creepy when you think about it.

Disney is taken a page out of the HHN promotion book. Does anyone remember the bloody dolls sent out last year???

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/disneyears.jpg

d a n n y
04-21-2008, 08:57 PM
http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/17/disneypixar-is-sending-out-body-parts-in-boxes/

Disney is taken a page out of the HHN promotion book. Does anyone remember the bloody dolls sent out last year???
http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/disneyears.jpg

Yea, I remember Erik posted a link somewhere. I think he said he also got a call from Jack. Reminds me of that Chris Angel thing where you put in a friends information and send them an e-mail and he says it on your computer.

kristilovesdw
04-22-2008, 01:39 PM
from wdwmagic:

22 April 2008: More work on the PIXAR sign at the entry to Pixar Place

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/tsm2.jpg

DisneyFanKevin
04-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah, they did that phone a friend thing last year I believe.

Sledge
04-22-2008, 03:36 PM
from wdwmagic:
I'm guessing that could be an indication that it will not be called Pixar Place anymore. The "Studios" doesn't look centered to me. I'll get some pictures if I'm over there this week.

peaches magee
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
You are right Sledge, the "Studios" doesn't look centered. I hope it is the angle or something, because if not, that will bother me forever. :doh:

biomegaceu
04-22-2008, 04:25 PM
I think it may just be the angle because it looks like there is more of the sign behind the palm tree, but I think that the last "s" in studios looks closer to the "r" in PIXAR than the first "s" in Studios does to the "p" in PIXAR.

Sledge
04-22-2008, 07:06 PM
Jim Hill is claiming that they are running into a few problems with TSM, which would explain why the CM previews were moved from this weekend to next. I wouldn't get too worried though, since it was only bumped a week and all the other events are still on as scheduled.

kristilovesdw
04-22-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't understand what the little building beside TSM is with the window. It looks like the building that the security person would sit in to let people in and out just like the actual Pixar Studios... which to me looks like they are really making Pixar Place to exactly replicate the actual Pixar Studios. What do you guys think?

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/pixarplace.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/Pixar-Animation-Studios-A-w.jpg

DisneyFanKevin
04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
I hope TSM previews for CM's are still on the 26th!!!!

d a n n y
04-22-2008, 07:58 PM
That'd be a cool idea.

Sledge
04-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's a clearer shot of the booth...
http://orlandounited.com/news/images/ToyStory/tsm10.jpg

They have a couple others around the park so I'll bet that that is exactly what we think it is. There is one next Sounds Dangerous and another between Great Movie Ride and ABC Commissary. They don't look brick though.

I hope TSM previews for CM's are still on the 26th!!!!
They aren't. Next weekend instead.

FGCUSabre
04-22-2008, 11:04 PM
You are right Sledge, the "Studios" doesn't look centered. I hope it is the angle or something, because if not, that will bother me forever. :doh:

haha...I know...i never noticed it and now my eye goes right to it and says not centered...im sure i will get over it...

the arch way does look really cool. I am sure that as the area grows...we will see more changes as it grows. I hope the TSM delays are just minor. I wonder if when ours is delayed...if the other coast TSM also is delayed...

DisneyFanKevin
04-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Here's a clearer shot of the booth...
They aren't. Next weekend instead.

BOO! Thanks. :(

FGCUSabre
04-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Meanwhile we’ve also been informed that Disney will be holding another Toy Story Mania preview session on May 8th for many of the marketing / front line sales people from 9pm to 10:30pm. Meanwhile the CM preview will take place from May 2-4 from 10am to 4pm.

Good old ScreamScape

DisneyFanKevin
04-22-2008, 11:45 PM
That makes me mad! I had my trip planned out and everything.

kristilovesdw
04-24-2008, 04:51 PM
You can now play Toy Story Mania games on the site! You can play a Rex Game, a Jessie Game and coming soon a make your own!

Quite fun actually, an indication of how it'll be on the ride I guess!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/minisites/toystorymania/index?name=ToyStoryManiaFlashPage

DisneyFanKevin
04-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info, Kristi! :rep:

kristilovesdw
04-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the info, Kristi! :rep:

No problem :thumbs:

FGCUSabre
04-24-2008, 11:36 PM
ooo..I will need to check those out. I wonder if the screen saver I have is updated. I do not like the current screen saver - cause all it does is just show the website. Not creative - at all!

RocknGuitar
04-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Yeah, I have it too. :lol: its kind of a disapointment.

BriMan
04-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Sledge is at DHS right now and he messaged me that there are statues of Green Army Men in the building across TSM, as well as a Barrel of Monkeys.

d a n n y
04-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Sounds pretty cool. Those were my two favorite toys in TS:lol:

Sledge
04-25-2008, 10:32 PM
The page is updated with new pictures.

kristilovesdw
04-25-2008, 11:12 PM
The page is updated with new pictures.

Awesome, thanks Jason! The detail is really cool, it's all starting to really come together!

FGCUSabre
04-25-2008, 11:22 PM
great update sledge!!! i love the army men!

you get some points if i can give you some....i just found out i cant give peaches any yet...lol...

does anyone know if the TS meet and greet will be moving? or is that going to stay next to the pizza thingee.

RocknGuitar
04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
That is actually very cool! :lol: Our TSM looks pretty clean from what
I can see of it over the wall... they are really good at hiding that thing, even if its in the middle of the main flow of traffic in Paradise Pier.

Sledge
04-25-2008, 11:38 PM
great update sledge!!! i love the army men!

you get some points if i can give you some....i just found out i cant give peaches any yet...lol...

does anyone know if the TS meet and greet will be moving? or is that going to stay next to the pizza thingee.
I'm pretty sure Pizza Planet will not be staying there long term. It doesn't really make sense to have it over there when you have a Pixar area on the other side of the park. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Woody, Buzz, Mr. Potato Head, etc. all get touched up and moved over to TSM at some point. Perhaps Pizza Planet will remain a pizza place but be re-themed to something else. This is all speculation and I'm sure the Meet and Greet will be moved before anything with Pizza Planet happened.

DisneyFanKevin
04-25-2008, 11:55 PM
I am definitely excited for this. I also happened to love the Green Army Men and the Barrel of Monkeys from the movies. Bring on TSM!

d a n n y
04-26-2008, 10:14 AM
Man, I love Pizza Planet. The army men and monkeys do look cool.

DisneyFanKevin
04-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Man, I love Pizza Planet. The army men and monkeys do look cool.

I've never eaten at Pizza Planet. Is it as good as many people say it is?

d a n n y
04-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I've never eaten at Pizza Planet. Is it as good as many people say it is?

The pizza is good but basic pizza from around WDW. The theming is great and there are tons of games. You should check it out soon.

FGCUSabre
04-27-2008, 12:50 PM
i think the themeing SUCKS! look at it compared to the movie! it is not similar at all. Yea they have lots of video games - but eh...could be much more creativley done.

But danny is right...the food is great :)

snoman
04-27-2008, 10:07 PM
ah, that's some good pizza! We always end up eating here when we hit the studios. I didn't think the theming was too bad though. They have the little green men hanging from the ceiling and a lot of the characters on the roof outside.

kristilovesdw
04-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Looks like they're adding more monkeys around Pixar Place...

as per wdwmagic:

27 April 2008: More Monkeys added to Pixar Place

The latest addition to Pixar Place is a LOT of Monkeys.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/pixar2.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/pixar.jpg

Sledge
04-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Interesting. I'd have to see it in person but in pictures I'm not sure I like how that looks.

DisneyFanKevin
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM
Great find! I'm with Sledge, I'm sure it looks better in person.

allienoves
04-27-2008, 11:32 PM
UM..why monkeys? Am I missing something?

FGCUSabre
04-27-2008, 11:35 PM
i kinda like it. maybe. i dont know - its funny cause in the jp suites i said - those were cheesy...yet here...its like a banner in the area. but i would like to see more and get a better idea. heh.

d a n n y
04-28-2008, 07:47 AM
This is seeming a little strange now, so much color around a Pixar arch centerpiece, which is gray.

The_Bled
04-28-2008, 05:38 PM
UM..why monkeys? Am I missing something?

Barrel of monkeys. They are one of the Toy story Toys in the movie.

Jakemeister
04-28-2008, 06:58 PM
i kinda like it. maybe. i dont know - its funny cause in the jp suites i said - those were cheesy...yet here...its like a banner in the area. but i would like to see more and get a better idea. heh.
But like Cheese kinda works at Disney, I don't really like the looks of it. I think it would have been perfectly fine if they would have had it serious until you entered the que.

FGCUSabre
04-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Jim Hill has a great Article on TSM. It talks about more problems TSM is having - this time with Mr. Potatoe Head. Pixar is worried about what will happen when he breaks down - how they will handle it. They said this is different than Everest - because this people are supposed to interact with.

The Yeti is down a lot of the time and when that happens - they use strobe lights so guest can't tell. But here they will not have that luxary.

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2008/04/28/monday-mouse-watch-has-wdi-solved-all-of-toy-story-mania-s-problems-not-yeti.aspx

Also another snag...

Speaking of the theme park going public ... Late last week, "Toy Story Mania" hit yet another snag. It seems that -- due to the pull-string firing mechanism that's used on all of the cannons in this ride-thru shooting gallery ... Well, Operations is now concerned that -- should they allow parents to hold their kids in their laps as they ride through "Toy Story Mania" -- someone might wind up getting injured. Either the parents will accidentally hit their kids in the face as they pull back on that pull-string OR their children will wind up whacking Mom & Dad in some pretty tender areas as they too pull on those pull-strings.

Which is why -- just last week -- Operations had to institute a new rule for "Toy Story Mania." As in: No lap sitting. Which (as you might expect) is going to have a very interesting impact on the hourly capacity of this new Disney theme park attraction. Since every single child that boards this ride will now have to have a seat of their very own ... Which is going to make this attraction that much more difficult to load & unload.

also a pic of their costumes was posted over at studioscentral.com

http://www.studioscentral.com/images/articles/update/042708/IMG_1407.jpg

Sledge
04-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Fantastic. I was already worried about capacity. Now it's going to be even worse. We're talking RnRC and Soarin' wait times here, guys. :bang:

FGCUSabre
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
It seems the original plans for a separate special track in the ride were right, as we are now being told that if you hit a certain special target, your Toy Story Tram will be sent down a secret bonus track of some kind.

The loading area for the attraction is themed to the underneath of Andy’s bed, a much more detailed experience then you will find at the Disney’s California Adventure version of Toy Story Mania. The attraction’s queue is going to take place on two levels of the show building.

rep to anyone that learns the details on the secret track! lol.

d a n n y
04-28-2008, 10:25 PM
That sounds like a very cool feature.

kristilovesdw
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the info James :rep: I'm getting more and more excited about this attraction. I think our TSM is better than California's just by the details we've already been given and the theming of ours is much cooler!

EDIT:
They're also announcing CM previews this week:

28 April 2008: Toy Story Mania Cast member previews scheduled for this week

Cast Member previews are now set for Thursday evening on a limited basis, with more extensive Cast Member previews on Friday, Saturday, Sunday

Magic Backstage opportunity with Toy Story Midway Mania!
04/24/2008

As part of Magic Backstage, a limited number of Cast Members and three Guests will experience the new Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios from 6-8 p.m., Thursday, May 1. They will be randomly selected after opting in via The Hub.

The deadline is April 29.

Take a sneak peek at Toy Story Midway Mania™ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™!
All Florida-based Cast Members are invited to a sneak preview of Toy Story Midway Mania™ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., May 2-4. Cast Members may also bring the number of guests allowed on their Main Entrance Pass without it counting against their pass. Toy Story Midway Mania™ is an interactive adventure inspired by the Disney•Pixar Toy Story films. Guests will board a ride vehicle and zip off into a 4-D world of midway-style games hosted by Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex, Hamm and more. Using a spring-action shooter to throw virtual projectiles at targets, Guests will rack up points in an experience that’s never the same twice! The entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania™ is located next to One Man’s Dream.

Beachgurl
04-29-2008, 09:11 AM
And the luck continues...

Jason and I were picked to participate in the shoot tomorrow afternoon for TSM footage! I'm so excited! I literally found out this morning when I was getting ready for work. I was worried I might not be able to get off tomorrow to do it but when I told my manager and asked if I could take a half day for it she was like, "HECK YEAH!" lol

So yeah, our call time is 1:30pm and approximate wrap is at 5:30pm according to the E-mail.

Wish us luck!

peaches magee
04-29-2008, 01:21 PM
And the luck continues...

Jason and I were picked to participate in the shoot tomorrow afternoon for TSM footage! I'm so excited! I literally found out this morning when I was getting ready for work. I was worried I might not be able to get off tomorrow to do it but when I told my manager and asked if I could take a half day for it she was like, "HECK YEAH!" lol

So yeah, our call time is 1:30pm and approximate wrap is at 5:30pm according to the E-mail.

Wish us luck!

LUCKY!! What exactly are they going to be taking footage of, is it like an interview or are they filming you on the ride?
Either way, good luck and have a blast! :thumbs:

Beachgurl
04-29-2008, 02:33 PM
LUCKY!! What exactly are they going to be taking footage of, is it like an interview or are they filming you on the ride?
Either way, good luck and have a blast! :thumbs:

The email said they will be filming everything from the interior, exterior, ride elements...basically the entire ride experience. So yeah, they'll be shooting footage of us actually on the ride and then getting our reactions.

Sledge
04-29-2008, 02:39 PM
So tonight I'm going to shave up real pretty like and make myself look Disney-ish, so I have a better chance of getting on TV. Now I need to start thinking of corny stuff to say. I've seen enough of TV shows to understand the ridiculous stuff they are looking for.

"We were riding and shooting stuff and it was a whole lot of fun! She was like 'YEAH!' and I was like 'WOO!' almost the entire time. It looked just like I was throwing objects. So real looking. So real looking. Great fun. Great, great fun."

peaches magee
04-29-2008, 02:45 PM
So tonight I'm going to shave up real pretty like and make myself look Disney-ish, so I have a better chance of getting on TV. Now I need to start thinking of corny stuff to say. I've seen enough of TV shows to understand the ridiculous stuff they are looking for.

"We were riding and shooting stuff and it was a whole lot of fun! She was like 'YEAH!' and I was like 'WOO!' almost the entire time. It looked just like I was throwing objects. So real looking. So real looking. Great fun. Great, great fun."

:lol: Oh I can't wait to witness this cheesy reaction.
"Absolutely AMAZING!" Use that, use that! haha

DisneyFanKevin
04-29-2008, 03:35 PM
YAY!!! CM previews on Friday! So going. :) Congrats Sledge and Angela on being selected for the filming!

d a n n y
04-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Do you know what station it's going to be on? Only Florida channels?

Beachgurl
04-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Do you know what station it's going to be on? Only Florida channels?

I have no clue where the footage will be aired. It could be just for commercials...it could be for Travel Channel...or it could be specifically for those WDW channels in the hotels on Disney property...We don't really know anything yet.

I'm just excited I get to be among the first guests to ride it!

DisneyFanKevin
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
How'd you guys get selected?

FGCUSabre
04-29-2008, 07:55 PM

I posted a link to a craigslist thread a while back. In it you could email the producers and try to get picked! Well it worked for those two! It pays to read my threads I guess!

LOL - I help Jason and Angela not only get free tickets to concerts - but also a filming and first look at TSM!!!

Beachgurl
04-30-2008, 11:08 AM

What James said...

You had to send in your picture, names, and ages. Then they just chose people. Funny thing is I didn't think we'd be picked at all because we didn't find out about it until 2 days after the ad had been posted. I figured we were already too late.

Its nice to live as close to Disney and Universal as we do because when they have things like this I think they tend to choose the people that live the closest because odds are the people within 10 minutes are probably more likely to actually show up.

I used to check Craigslist all the time for casting ads but I stopped a few months ago. Good thing someone around here is checking them! :thumbs:

peaches magee
04-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Beachgurl, did you guys go already??
If so, how was it?

Beachgurl
04-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Beachgurl, did you guys go already??
If so, how was it?

Nope not yet. I leave work in an hour or so. Call time is 1:30.

EEEEEEK! I'm so excited!

peaches magee
04-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Nope not yet. I leave work in an hour or so. Call time is 1:30.

EEEEEEK! I'm so excited!

Ooooo, I am psyched for you! :happy:
Have fun and let us know how it is, without spoiling too much of course. hehe

Sledge
04-30-2008, 12:44 PM
I'll have a full ride spoiler up tonight. From the sound of it, there isn't going to be much to spoiler since we already know all the games inside of the attraction. :lol:

peaches magee
04-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I'll have a full ride spoiler up tonight. From the sound of it, there isn't going to be much to spoiler since we already know all the games inside of the attraction. :lol:

Not me, I chose not to read about them. I like being surprised.

allienoves
04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
This is going to be such huge competion with the Simpsons ride.

DisneyFanKevin
04-30-2008, 03:30 PM
Not me, I chose not to read about them. I like being surprised.

Same here. Actually, I didn't know they posted all the names of the games in the ride. LOL :P

Sledge
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
The page has been updated with spoiler free pictures. I got some great shots of the queue, loading area, the outside of the building, and the area. Check it out.

peaches magee
04-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Great pics Sledge!!
Love how the lights are plugged into the huge outlet. hehe
How was it??
I really can't wait to go on this now!
Hopefully next weekend. :thumbs:

Sledge
04-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Just a warning so you aren't disappointed, don't get that excited. :lol:

DisneyFanKevin
04-30-2008, 08:08 PM
Great pics Sledge! Is it really just ok or will I love it? :P

Sledge
04-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Don't get me wrong. It's much better than "ok", it just isn't as amazing as they are trying to make it out to be. I DO think a lot of people will be disappointed though, and Universal fans are going to compare it to MIB and they still may have a valid argument when they say MIB is better. Personally, I thought it was better than MIB and a little bit better than The Simpsons, but not much.

Those of us that hate all the video screens that are being used in rides aren't going to be too thrilled either. Obviously we knew it was going to be video screens, but I was really hoping it'd be done so awesome that we wouldn't even care. Not the case. Still feel like video screens are just the easy route, although I did enjoy the ride.

Sledge
04-30-2008, 09:20 PM
About the footage they filmed on us...

I thought we were going to be extras in the background but the Director and Assistant were referring to us as the Cast and it was only the 20 or so of us in all the shots. Ang and I were actually two of the featured talent (their words, not mine :lol:). A lot of the focus was on us, another couple and a little boy which was really cool. We even got to/had to ride with a camera mounted in the ride vehicle and smile throughout the entire ride.

We we're also filmed interacting with Mr. Potato head. Ang and I had to act like we were married and we were asked to renew our wedding vows. It was pretty funny.

Also, we were filmed waiting in a fake line and filmed getting into the vehicle.

Lastly, we were all filmed walking into the attraction's building. It was corny, corny, corny, and we had to do it like 5 or 6 times.

All this footage will be used to send to companies that request promotional footage for the ride (news, commercials, travel channel, websites, planning DVDs, etc.) One of the assistants that was taking care of everybody said that the footage will be used for lots of stuff, but should especially be for Discovery and Travel Channel. Look for us on TV whenever TSM is mentioned. And if the wedding vowels makes it onto television somehow, ignore the corniness. The director told us to be really cheesy. :lol:

kristilovesdw
04-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the pics, and the queue looks awesome, lots of detail!! That's so cool that you and Angela got chosen to do that!!

DisneyFanKevin
04-30-2008, 11:05 PM
Haha I love me some cheesiness so can't wait. :D

RocknGuitar
04-30-2008, 11:15 PM
ha, lucky! I'll watch for you guys. ;)

snoman
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
That is so cool, you'll be famous on the travel channel. You and Samatha Brown will be hanging out any day now! Thanks for posting up the pics, it looks great!

Sledge
05-01-2008, 12:22 AM
Thanks guys. Spread the word if you can. To my knowledge these are the only pictures on the net of them and could really help out the site.

Beachgurl
05-01-2008, 11:15 AM
I was browsing another site coughwdwmagiccough and I had noticed that some of their members were trying to spread the word and share the pics with everyone else but apparently the jealous bug took a chomp out of "someone" because they keep deleting any reference to the TSM pics that we have. lol

Oh well. Screamscape will spread the news!

giant4203
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
For all you CM's out there this weekend are previews!

Beachgurl
05-01-2008, 12:45 PM
For all you CM's out there this weekend are previews!

I thought I read somewhere they had been postponed again...?

peaches magee
05-01-2008, 12:56 PM

I will be bummed if so, cause that means Passholder Previews will be postponed as well, and I already have a trip half-planned for next weekend up there just for that. BOO!!

snoman
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Got the screamscape mention again today, great job guys!

DisneyFanKevin
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Ha, great job Sledge! :lol:

giant4203
05-01-2008, 02:22 PM

nope I got an email that cast previews are tomorrow, sat and sunday :) I'm going with people from my office tomorrow afternoon :)

Beachgurl
05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I know yesterday they were having a lot of issues with audio throughout the entire building...Mr. Potatohead was doing some freaky stuff and then he shut off for a while which kind of put filming on hold because they needed him working in the shot.

I also overheard the guys in the film crew talking about how in the morning they were having problems with the screens in the ride. I don't know for sure if they were talking about the actual screens with the 3-D or the screens inside each ride vehicle that show you the scores and whatnot...they're kind of like little computer screens. I'm pretty sure they were talking about the 3-D screens though.

It just seems like there are still a lot of kinks that need to be worked out before they actually open the ride to everyone.

I felt kind of jipped on the actual ride. lol The blueprints made it seem like it'd be so much bigger and more enclosed, but there are hardly any walls separating anything and it just feels way too open. I wish there were doors like in SWSA or something. I guess there's not enough room for that though.

Sledge
05-01-2008, 03:07 PM
Exactly. Imagine a big warehouse with isles and you go through this warehouse and weave back and forth between the isles. Between isles there really isn't much to look at. There is a ton of dead space between games. I think it would have worked much better if there were "halls" and doors you went through into each room. To me the atmosphere feels very, very cheap. :shrug:

DisneyFanKevin
05-01-2008, 04:22 PM
That sounds like my kind of ride! :P :lol:

giant4203
05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Just putting out a guess, don't know this for sure, but the open space might actually just be do to theming...you're going under Andy's bed to join in the carnival games...I'm guessing that may have been their logic with that...being under a bed there'd be lots of open space

Beachgurl
05-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Just putting out a guess, don't know this for sure, but the open space might actually just be do to theming...you're going under Andy's bed to join in the carnival games...I'm guessing that may have been their logic with that...being under a bed there'd be lots of open space

Not my bed. lol

Especially when I was a kid too. Barbies and all kinds of crap under there.

peaches magee
05-01-2008, 04:57 PM
Not my bed. lol

Especially when I was a kid too. Barbies and all kinds of crap under there.

Not mine either... the Boogeyman lived under there.
Till this day I never hang a leg or arm off my bed. :look:

kristilovesdw
05-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Saw this on People.com, looks like they're inside TSM...

Let the games begin! The Cheetah Girls – (from left) Kiely Williams, Adrienne Bailon and Sabrina Bryan – join Jessie the Cowgirl (from Toy Story 2) at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. The trio are in Orlando for the Disney Channel Games, a made-for-TV competition airing this summer.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k320/dianebug/tsm3.jpg

So on another note, I'm a little confused about the name of the attraction...is it now called Midway Mania like in California??

Beachgurl
05-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Saw this on People.com, looks like they're inside TSM...

So on another note, I'm a little confused about the name of the attraction...is it now called Midway Mania like in California??

Its definitely Toy Story Midway Mania. That's what it says above the entrance anyway.

Sledge
05-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally I heard you were supposed to be underneath the bed, but the bed is on the opposite wall in the room and you actually travel into the box that the game came in. If they were going for a "lots of space in the box/under the bed" that would be a terrible excuse and would probably make me more mad than the fact that there is just a lot of dead space.

I have no clue if it's going to be called Midway Mania or not (but it is on the sign, which is weird). It's always been referred to as just TSM here while in Cali was TSMM, so I'm not sure why they would decide now to change it. Seems very weird to me. We'll see what they refer to it as when it opens to the public. The map, however, still says something like "Future site of TSM".

Sledge
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Apparently all the characters aside from Woody and Buzz have been removed from Pizza Planet. I noticed a few "pegs" and bars in front of TSM that didn't have anything on them yet. Could this possibly be where the Pizza Planet toys are going, and are they gradually fading out Toy Story at Pizza Planet to turn it into another themed counter service restaurant?

I can already imagine how many tourists will be wondering where the ride is since Pizza Planet and Al's Toy Barn are on the other side of the park. Hopefully the CMs won't lose their cool when they are asked 100 times a day where the ride is.

RocknGuitar
05-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, I think Midway mania would work better with our TSM because it is in the middle of midway games, and its decorated to look like a Victorian style pier building. Yours is more like a movie set, kind of like Star Tours.

DisneyFanKevin
05-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Toy Story Midway Mania is too long of a name, though. :P

kristilovesdw
05-02-2008, 10:31 PM
There are a couple new videos available on the website to watch.

There is also a on-ride video of the ride on youtube...for any of you that don't mind seeing the video before riding :look: Yeah I'm not one of those haha.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZCrf6m9OU

DisneyFanKevin
05-02-2008, 10:38 PM
The ride was AMAZING!!! OMG I loved it so much...until I got yelled at for taking a picture of Mr. Potato Head. :(

kristilovesdw
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
The ride was AMAZING!!! OMG I loved it so much...until I got yelled at for taking a picture of Mr. Potato Head. :(

You got yelled at for taking a picture?? That's not fair considering all the pictures that are out there of everything... especially Mr. Potato Head!!!

Beachgurl
05-03-2008, 12:34 AM

You got yelled at for that? The place was swarming with Disney higher-ups when we were there and we were obviously taking pictures of everything. No one seemed to mind and no one told us to put our cameras away...there were several people taking pictures.

Sledge
05-03-2008, 12:52 AM
But you gotta remember, we were big stars making the big bucks. They weren't going to tell us what to do, much like they wouldn't Tom Cruise. :lol:

ArnyVee
05-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Wow, that ride looks great! That should bring lots of people to DHS!