PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Read

peaches magee
06-12-2008, 11:47 AM
An article in LAmag.com from an ex-Jack Sparrow in Disneyland, dishing it like it is basically.
Man, he was a hot Jack!

http://lamag.com/featuredarticle.aspx?id=7016&page=1

Sledge
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
RollNFear sent me this a few weeks ago and it really turned me off from wanting to work at Disney. When he goes on to talk about how badly they are treated from management and the overly strict conditions, that is what I hear from all of my friends that work there.

peaches magee
06-12-2008, 02:35 PM
RollNFear sent me this a few weeks ago and it really turned me off from wanting to work at Disney. When he goes on to talk about how badly they are treated from management and the overly strict conditions, that is what I hear from all of my friends that work there.

I have heard it from an ex-princess friend of mine as well. I am sure the job is what makes it so much fun, but the strictness must really weigh on you. The reason why most cast members don't stay as long as they would have liked I bet.

Sledge
06-12-2008, 03:34 PM
A lot of them get fired over the smallest things that would be either a small warning or nothing at all in other companies. Clocking in a minute late gets you "points". Give me a break.

kirby_is_kyaan
06-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, you can't blame them for secrecy. What if all those dead bodies dumped into the Jungle Cruise at night were found? Or if people learn that the Yeti IS real and is just getting paid? He has to shave constantly... So many secrets are at stake. :look:

The_Bled
06-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Interesting, I wonder if the employees at Universal get treated the same way they do in this article, but anyway thanks Peaches.

DisneyFanKevin
06-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Interesting, I wonder if the employees at Universal get treated the same way they do in this article, but anyway thanks Peaches.

We do. They're just as strict as WDW is on the point system and wardrobe compliance, but they're really not that strict...if that makes sense.

allienoves
06-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Damn, that sucks, so there it goes for being working there as a character.

RocknGuitar
06-13-2008, 03:14 AM
man, imagine the pressure of that... Constantly trying to hide your identity and such, even when basically everything goes up on Youtube now.

tiredoldspook
06-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Well trust me there is a line of people behind them who wants those jobs. It is not like you are working as a cashier at Walmart. You know the rules when you get hired at any company...

Jakemeister
06-13-2008, 06:03 PM
Well, you can't blame them for secrecy. What if all those dead bodies dumped into the Jungle Cruise at night were found? Or if people learn that the Yeti IS real and is just getting paid? He has to shave constantly... So many secrets are at stake. :look:
Dead bodies...Jungle Cruise...dude Walt Disney was cyroginically frozen un-thawed ad turned into a spider like robot under the Matterhorn. He built the Florida parks so he could get a fresh supply of Cuban boys to eat. DUH!

kirby_is_kyaan
06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
Dead bodies...Jungle Cruise...dude Walt Disney was cyroginically frozen un-thawed ad turned into a spider like robot under the Matterhorn. He built the Florida parks so he could get a fresh supply of Cuban boys to eat. DUH!

Whoops, forgot about that company secret. It just continues the truth (sorry Disney, "unverified theory") that the dead bodies are thrown into the Jungle Cruise. Those bodies are the Cuban boys. Where do they hide their remains again? Oh, right. The Boneyard. :doh:

allienoves
06-13-2008, 10:31 PM
Imagine how Hilary Duff and LiLo(Lindsey Lohan) felt with Disney. No stomach showing, your hair has to be this color and length, etc.

kirby_is_kyaan
06-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Odd coincidence....

http://www.distantcreations.com/blog/2008/06/13/disney-sued-over-worker-dress-code/

tiredoldspook
06-13-2008, 11:11 PM
and Hillary, Lindsey and Miley are RICH because of Disney.

peaches magee
06-14-2008, 01:07 AM
and Hillary, Lindsey and Miley are RICH because of Disney.

And all getting pretty skankier by the second though, aye? :lol:

kirby_is_kyaan
06-14-2008, 01:17 AM
And all getting pretty skankier by the second though, aye? :lol:

Shhh... more company secrets! Wait, too late for this one.... :look:

peaches magee
06-14-2008, 01:23 AM
Shhh... more company secrets! Wait, too late for this one.... :look:

haha... Lohan has bared all, no secrets there...
:puke: She is nasty.

But I agree Spook, they all go in knowing the rules and I am sure that is why there is such a turn around rate on characters and such,
but always someone else waiting and willing to make their dream come true as a Disney character.
I am sure it works out amazing for lots of them. Some have worked there for years and years, changing characters as they go along.